11: I RUIN A PERFECTLY GOOD BUS

Beautiful cover images dones by

Ally James Lyons

https://riveluart.tumblr.com/

Bonus Chapter for breakout214 who has been patiently waiting for me to finish another fic before returning to this. No more assured updates but this promise for more!

PJOPJOPJO

'Is that better, or worse than ruining a useless bus?' Magnus grinned at his friend for the new chapter title.

'I'll leave that to the offender's discretion,' Hearth chuckled.

"Anybody taking bets on how he ruins the bus?" Jason grinned. "My money's on driving it into a building."

"Exploding it," Alex offered, "I needed more details the first time, hopefully this one offers better."

"Maybe he just vomits on one of the seats, they don't all have to be tragic demises," Nico offered with suppressed enthusiasm that was quickly dwindling. He was able to pass off less and less as time went on, he was starting to enjoy this.

"If you guys are done," Percy groaned.

"Oh, we're just getting started," Thalia promised, but continued on by grabbing the book from Percy to read this for herself.

...and twenty golden drachmas.

"I thought you said you don't get an allowance!" Magnus protested this abundance of wealth.

"Special Quest disbursement, and it is a loan, if you can pay it back with extra chores it would be nice," Will shrugged.

... might come in handy for non-mortal transactions-whatever that meant.

"Can you pay monsters to piss off?" Alex looked dubious.

"You can exchange the money for something, but not everything," Thalia chuckled.

... An overdose would burn us up, literally.

Alex still looked very pouty she hadn't gotten to try any of that. What did a girl have to do to instigate an emergency around here?

... both of which sounded pretty bad on reed pipes.

Percy was smiling for his friends gifts from their parents, the simple fact they'd shared such tidbits about that with him while they were hiking up the hill. His mom had never been able to give him many physical gifts thanks to Gabe, usually they just celebrated with cake and a trip out that day to the movies or something special. Now he wasn't even sure if he'd ever get that again...and his dad had certainly never given him anything.

... the tall pine tree that used to be Thalia, daughter of Zeus.

"Hopefully not an ominous foreshadowing of monsters being on your tail the second you leave," Jason muttered.

...a chauffeur's uniform, so I could only see extra peepers on his hands, face and neck.

"Not suspicious looking at all then," Alex nodded.

... drive you into the city, and, er, well, keep an eye on things."

"He says that every time, doesn't he?" Jason stated.

"Yep," Will agreed.

...Luke came running up the hill, carrying a pair of basketball shoes.

"My kind of gift!" Magnus seemed more thrilled than Percy for once, Hearth noticed, as he watched the guy clench his fist and frown at Thalia instead of cheering along.