2

"Hey Aubrey..." Therese heard a muffled voice.

"Hmm..." she moaned.

"Aubrey... It's me." she tried to open her eyes but she couldn't.

Her body feels numb. The more she fight to wake up, the more her head aches. In the end, her body lost consciousness.

But before she lost it, she still had opened her eyes a little and saw someone.

Someone she knew.

___________________

"Hmm..." Therese moaned and moved a little in her spacious bed.

She slowly opened her eyes and saw the ceiling in her room. She sighed, closing her eyes.

"It was him. I definitely saw him" she sighed while looking at the ceiling.

She then tried to rise but her head suddenly hurt. "Aww shit. That hurts!" she can't stop but yell.

"What happened?" she asked to herself.

"Well, someone just drove us home with Kara's car because we were knocked out and wasted." someone answered and Therese jumped in surprise to see Gabby lying on the carpet on her room.

"What are you-" she stopped to see another figure just beneath Gabby. It was Lexa.

"How did we end up here???" she snorted.

"I told you. We were wasted and someone drove us all home. He said he's a friend of yours, we don't care much. We just gave him the keys and boom! Here we are." Gabby said without any energy and still lying on the carpet, closing her eyes.

"Hey Therese. Don't drink ever again, alright? You're such a bad drinker!" someone beneath her blankets tapped her legs which made her jump.

"Who's-?" Therese frowned as she uncover the blankets revealing Kara's head with a messy hair with closed eyes.

She let out a sigh. Then she furiously asked, "So, you're all saying someone drove us all home that said I'm a friends with him and dropped us-- awww, my head hurts!" she stopped and held her hands. Kara's head lifted and assists her friend. "Are you alright?" she asked. Therese nodded.

"Told you not to drink everything on the table!" Kara scolded her.

"But it was fun tho, right sis?" Gabby rised and looked smilingly to Therese. "Yeah but today's not" Therese answered.

"Alright, so why don't we just go out and have some soup?" Lexa said still lying on the ground. "My head hurts a lot, too." she moaned.

"Okies, girls. I'll have it ready for us" Kara got up on the bed leading the door.

As soon as the door banged, Therese and Gabby got up too and walked to the bathroom.

"Yeah, right. I was the one who suggested it, but I was the one left on this... carp-shit!" Lexa said groaning.

"Hey, get your ass up now. Soup's on it's way!" Kara shouted begind the closed door.

"OK!" they shouted back.

_________________

"Thanks for the meal, Nanny G." Kara said.

"You're welcome, hon." Nanny G. is the one who takes care of the house and is the one that takes care of Therese as well.

"Your hangover soup us really the best!" Lexa said and Gabby put out a thumbs up.

They all laughed a bit.

"Thanks Nanny" Therese said.

"Just don't be a hard drinker alright? You're all putting your health in line with that." Nanny G. said.

They all nodded.

"Uhm... Nanny G, your birthday's coming right? What's the plan?" Gabby excitedly asked, changing the serious topic.

"Good thing you asked" Therese said. Winking to Gabby.

"You just don't want to be scolded, are you" Nanny G. jokingly said making the four girls laugh

"Well, thats one but we're talking about your birthday Nanny" Therese said.

Nanny G. nodded. "I understand but if you're planning on a grand one, please don't. It's a waste of money."

The four girls groaned. "Nanny it's your 75th birthday!" Kara said.

"And besides, it's one way to thank you for your service in this house and to us" Therese said then hugged Nanny G. "Alright, I give up"

"Group hug!" Lexa giggled.

A minute after the scene on the table, Therese went to the sala where all four of them usually hang out. She sat on the couch while tapping on the screen of her phone

"Who are you texting?" Gabby asked, reading a pocket book she got on Therese's room.

"Fergie. I'm asking her to get ready"

"Why? Waddap?" Lexa asked.

"We're all going to my studio. We're planning Nanny G's birthday celebration" she said smilingly.

"Yay! It'll be fun!" Kara said happily.

____________

Inside her studio is a vintage ambiance. A nostalgic one.

There are alot of books on the shelves, wooden chairs and a couple of table where she would write her poems and stories, and a painting hanging on the wall. The canvass is painted in a series of brown shades. It shows a girl sitting in a grass, writing something on a paper while the leaves on the tree falls on the grass. In the frame, it shows an engraved cursive letters 'boun giorno, brey'. In the corner of the room, there is a pendulum and a disc player placed on top of a side table

On the other corner of the room is the violin she usually plays before. She hasn't been able to play it 18 years ago so it's still inside the violin case.

"She just turned 18 yet you still ignore her huh. You're tough." Kara said, touching the case.

Therese just took a glance at her.

Then her gaze dropped on the violin case. She averted her eyes and turned her back.

She let the three girls sit on the chairs before talking.

"Okay so, Nanny G is turning 75 two months from now, and we're going to plan everything in here. Would you help me?" Therese started and her friends smiled widely.

"Let's get to it!"

"Of course!"

"Yay, I'm excited as fuck"

They all looked at Lexa.

"What? I'm just excited. That all"

Then they laughed.

"You can't control your swearing, right" Kara laughed.

__________________
Author's Note:

I'll be updating the next chaps by next week.... i guess. I'll be busy by then but I'll try to make it up to you.. if you're more than one reading this👀

-chile🍂