Clear your Mind

"You are really good. Maybe sooner, CEO Wilderburg will promote you."

"Thank you Sir." Joshua smiles.

Slowly, Joshua walks to the back of his car in the parking lot. He looks around and see no one around. He crushes his briefcase bashing it on his car door.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!"

He has been here for 5 months.
Why wouldnt his father give him a higher position? He is diligent, he respects his coworkers and he is capable.
Why would their father keep him in such a low ranking and humiliating position? He thought after a month, he would be a supervisor at the very least. But he is still working in the department and just a typical employee. Its true that he said any position will work for him but it doesnt mean he enjoys it! He is a Vice President of his 'Dad's'company before. How would he not feel bad?

When he returns home, he sees Kei watching television. Which is rare since he stays in his room most of the time.

Joshua feels irritated.

"Dont you have any home work?"

Kei lazily cast a look at him.
"Done."

"Really? Then why dont you study for tomorrow? Dont you have any idea how lucky you are that you are still studying and your father is supporting you?"

"Funny that you told me that. Sounds like you are a veey appreciative son." Kei said not looking at him and just change the tv channel.

Frustrated, Joshua walks to him and slaps the remote away.

Kei frown.
"What's that for?"

"You have no respect! Im your elder brother!"

"You deserve my respect? Walk in here. Spouting this and that. Slapping the remote control on my hand and still make it sound you are righteous?"
Kei rolls his eyes.
""Dad told me to relax. Stop studying every day and chill once in a while. So if you have a problem with me watching a television, you should go and duke it out with him. Anyways, I lose my interest." Kei stood up and walks away.

"You!" Joshua grabs his shoulder.
"You!" He shouted and raised his clenched fist to hit his face

Kei eyes widen and with the split second decision, he slaps his hand away from his shoulder and gives him a right straight punch.

Joshua's nose was crushed. And it bleeds.

"Ahhhhhhh!"

.
.
.

Ark is rubbing his temple.
He looks at Joshua in the hospital bed with a gauze on his nose.

Kei is sitting on the couch of the hospital room playing with his phone

"Can you tell me what happened?"
Ark asks.

"Kei hits me." Joshua glares at Kei.

Kei rolls his eyes.
"He comes home manding me around and telling me Im not studying enough. He slaps the remote control Im holding and wanted to hit me so I hit him first."

"I am just telling him to study but you know his mouth. He keeps agitating me so I raise my hand bit I wont hit him! I cant do that. He is my brother! Bit in his eyes Im just a nobody because dad favors him. Who am I anyways. Just an unwanted son."

"Enough! The two of you!"
Ark rubs the bridge of his nose.
"First, Kei is always studying inside his room. I wnat him to atleast go out and have fun but Jeremy is out of the country and he said he doesnt want to go. Second, why do you think that? Dont I give you everything you want? You want to work in the company, I give you a job. And you still blaming me?"

Joshua sneers in his heart.
"Position, it was a bottom position. Am I just an office worker level? Im more qualified than that. Im a former Vice CEO."
Joshua said hurt.

"A position given to you by your 'former' father and a position you didnt know how to keep. If Im the boss, I wont even  give you a lower position in my company."
Kei snorts.

"You!" Joshua shouted.

"Stop!" Ark glares at Kei. "We are fixing things. Not making it a larger issue!"

Kei rolls his eyes.
"You cant fix stupid." He whispers.

Ark looks at Joshua.
"There are no open position in my company. I am with them from a long time ago and they are all efficient in their work. I cant just fire people. And you dont have much experience. Though its harsh to accept. What you did as a Vice CEO is not very praise worthy."

"You are just saying that to get back at Mom! You hate Mom so you hate me too! Its not my choice that she did what she did. Why am I the one suffering?"

"Told you." Kei said.

"Shut up Kei." Ark gives him an eye.

Kei snorts.

"I am not saying that because of Krizzy. I have the documents nd the reports of your stay as a Vice CEO and its really a work of an unexperience person. I want you to learn slowly and later, you and Kei can run the company together."

"Him? You want to entrust the company to him? His major is not business related and he has no idea about the company. It is better than to ask anyone on the street than him."
Joshua clenched his fist.
Kei is really the favored son.
Isnt it? The day he arrives, their father wants to name him as the successor? Nothing changes till now. His apprerance didnt shaken Kei's position even a bit!

"Kei is smart and capable. From young age, he learn how to save money abd he rent his house to earn money monthly. I can teach him how to handle business before I let it go to him. Dont you think your words are too extreme?"

Joshua gapes.
Is Ark right in the head?
He is clearly telling him that Kei is succeeding him to his face?
"Are you saying no matter what I do, Kei will succeed your company?"

Ark raised a brow.
"Ofcourse. I already discuss it with them before. I will still give you and Jessica shares. But you two come to me when you are this old. I saw how yoy treated the father that loves you so much. How can you expect me to give you any extra love if the back of my head I know that someday, you'll treat me like that too when I have no use? At least Kei will put me in a gikd homecare." Ark stands up.
"Rest up and we will continue this at home. Lets go Kei."

Kei follows Ark. Before he left, he looks at Joshua.
"Ark Wilderburg is not your former father who will love you unconditionally. Dad wants assurance and insurance. You cant give any of that. Ofcourse he cant love you too because from the moment you arrive here, you never show that you are capable of loving anyone."

Kei grins seeing Joshua's darken expression.

Kei snorts slamming the door.

"What did you tell him?" Ark sighs.

"I told him to fuck off and die." Kei sneers.

A/N:

I was thinking of  time skip but I remember Joshua and Jessica hahaha