chapter 1

I don't own Legend of Zelda or httyd, just the story. Enjoy. Takes place on the day calamity ganon appeared in mipha's world and after the race to the edge episode 'family on the edge' in hiccup's world.

.....

Mipha

It's here, calamity ganon has returned and everything they've been preparing for is all going up in flames. Years of hard work wasted. All because they underestimated ganon. Now mipha is fighting for both her life and to take back control of vah ruta.

Waterblight ganon roars and throws its spear at mipha. The zora quickly dodges the attack but she wasn't quick enough as the spear cuts her left arm. Mipha winced in pain as she quickly covered the arm to stop the bleeding. She uses her healing power to heal the wound before the said wound disappears but there are smaller, visible cuts that still hurt.

Mipha knew ganon was cunning but she never thought he would take control of the divine beasts and create monsters to kill the champions to stop them from repeating what happened 10,000 years ago. Mipha points her trident at the monster, panting. She knows she can't keep this up. Sooner or later, this thing is going to kill her.

"So, this is how it ends?" She exclaimed before collapsing on one knee. Waterblight ganon took the opportunity to finish her off by flying towards the zora, raising its spear for the killing blow. Mipha looks up to see the monster coming straight at her. Mipha didn't have the strength to keep going, nor did she have the strength to get up. As her demise was coming at her, she said her final words.

"I'm sorry, link." She said as she closed her eyes, preparing for the worst. Suddenly a loud boom was heard, making waterblight to stop its assault and mipha to open her eyes. They look up to see a swirling red vortex at the ceiling of the main control room of the divine beast. Mipha notices pieces of ice made by waterblight were beginning to be sucked in the vortex. Without a second thought, mipha tried to grab anything that could hold her from being sucked in.

Waterblight ganon tried to get away but it was ultimately sucked into the vortex. Mipha held onto the main control unit the best she could but the pain of her injuries made her lose her grip. Her hands slipped from the control unit and she was sucked into the vortex and then everything went dark.

Hiccup

Hiccup and Toothless were on the beach, thinking about what happened to dagur. It's been a few days since dagur sacrificed himself to fight the dragon hunters to save the dragon riders. Even though Heather didn't show it, Hiccup knows she's upset about her brother's death, not only by the look on her face when someone brings up Dagur but also that she called him brother.

And even though the berserker tried to kill the one legged viking, Hiccup felt guilt for dagur's demise because he never believed him when he tried to tell him the shipping docks were a trap set by vigo and dagur also told him he’s too gullible and vigo used that weakness to set a trap. Now that he thinks about it, it did feel a little weird that the ship count suddenly went from 8 to 12. hiccup was a fool to hold onto past encounters with the berserker than accepting that dagur was clearly trying to change. He couldn’t sleep because of what happened and that weird thunderstorm didn’t help either.

Last night there was a huge thunderstorm but it was clearly not like a regular one, it shot out red lightning which there is no such thing as red lightning. The twins told another made up story about their great great great aunt encountering the same thunderstorm. They said that the thunderstorm can open doorways to other worlds, they even said that there are some worlds where dragons don’t exist. As usual, snotlout said that this ‘magical storm’, as snotlout called it, is nothing but baloney.