4

Esme pov

Esme pov

I go and sit in the living room area with Hayley and Rebekah along with some witch.
"I really think you should go and get checked out" the witch said.

I roll my eyes.
All New Orleans witches is iffy to me.
"It strikes me as odd that your not taking care of yours" I hear and frown knowing I missed some of the conversation once again.
I need to pay better attention to things and people around me.

"Okay bayou doctor it is" Hayley stands up "have fun with that" I said and my eyes widened I'm so used to not talking that what I think just comes out now.

I grab my phone and run out the room and up the stairs.

I slam my bedroom door closed and call Reggie.
"Yes shortie" he answers and I roll my eyes "I'm gonna kill you for that name" I said and it's quiet "hello?, Reggie you there?" I ask

"Esme?, are you talking to me like with actual words?" He was so surprised.
"Yes sir and no I don't know how it happened but I'm happy it did and I called you instead of FaceTime that should have told you something was up"

"I wasn't thinking about all of that" he told me and I laugh.
"Of course you wasn't dummy"
"Hey I'm pretty smart" he says

"Yeah sure" I responded

"Esme" I hear my uncle klaus call me
"I got to go" I huff "okay bye" I hang up the phone.

I get up and walk out my room.
"Yes?" I ask as I walk up to him.
"Come on me and you are gonna go out and have a uncle niece day" he smiles at me and I rise a eyebrow at that.
"Yeah okay sure" I shrug and grab my jacket and we walk out.

Later

I glare at my uncle as we sit with marcel.
"Cheer up kid we got you food" marcel told me.
I then look at the fancy seafood.
I squint my eyes and the food goes on the floor and then I wave my hand and freeze the whole damn bar.
Yeah I'm a bad bitch like that.
Oh lord I been around my aunt to long.

"That was uncalled for" my uncle said

"Look here thing 1 and thing 2 I don't like neither one of y'all right now, you daggered my dad and you won't give him back so sorry I don't want your nasty ass seafood that I'm allergic to by the way and you would know that if you paid attention and stop being power hungry now get to the real reason why I'm here!" I glare at the two men who look at me surprised.

"Woah calm down girly I will decide when I want to give you your old dad back but till then I need you to stay in line and magic is not allowed here" he told me

"My Niece is no regular witch marcel and do not make the mistake of thinking you can control her like these other witches around" my uncle said and I smirk.

"Nik can I go over there" I point and see people singing and playing music.
"Sure but don't go off I will be to get you soon" he said and I nod and unfreeze the bar and step over the knocked over food on the ground.

I walk across the street watching the show.
I close my eyes and it's like I can feel the music and the lyrics flow threw me.
I open my eyes and there is color all around.
I smile as it's like the color is the music and it relaxing me a lot.

"You enjoying the music?" I look to my side and see a brown skin girl.
She's pretty.
"Yes I am" I answer her question.

"The names jay" she said
"My name is Esme" I said

"Nice to meet you Esme" she smiles showing all of her parley white teeth.

"Beautiful" I say as I look at her.
I go wide eye as I noticed I said that out loud.
She chuckled "thank you and I'm sure your beautiful your own self" she said and I rise a eyebrow at that and look at her confused.
"Oh!, I'm blind well I can see colors and shapes but there blurry, I can see your hair is black and brown" she said turning in my direction.

"It is and I was mute at first I literally just started talking and I'm so use to the words being in my head that they just come out" I explain and she nods.

We hear clapping and we also start clapping.
"Maybe you should go up and sing" she nods her head to the stage.
"Oh no I can't" I shake my head "please for the blind girl" she asked and pull out some shades.
I sigh "okay but only this time" I said and see her beautiful smile.

I can't help but smile myself when I see it.

I walk over to the stage "hi my name is Esme mikaelson and I'm gonna sing for a beautiful girl over there name jay" I said and the people cheer and clap for me.
I take a deep breath in and out.

As I was singing others were dancing with there love ones and I walk over to jay and grab her hand and we dance together and I smile hearing her laugh.

I just met her but I feel like we could be best friends.
After I was done with my song everyone claps and I see my uncle.

I walk over to jay first.
"I think I have to go but I was wondering if I could get your phone number?" She smirks and says "of course you can mi amour" I was shocked but quickly get over it and hand her my phone.
She takes a picture of herself for the contact and then she kiss my cheek and walk off.

I basically bounce my way back to my uncle.
"I see you had fun" he says and I nod.
"Come on we have to go to the bayou first" and I nod once again as we walk to the car.