°•° 5 °•°

"This is so weird," I mumbled to Jonah the next Sunday as I clenched his hand for dear life. He looked down at me, a lopsided smile spreading across his face, his eyes alight with excitement.

"I know. But I'm right here and the people here are really nice."

I swallowed as I nodded, scanning the massive sea of teens that were chatting and laughing. The youth service wasn't supposed to start for another ten minutes and I had asked Jonah if we could just stay in the car, but he had persuaded me to come inside with him to meet people. Currently, we were standing in the giant lounge area that had foosball tables and a small coffee shop that made everything smell amazing. But my nerves were on high alert and everytime someone brushed past me, I jumped out of my socks.

"Oh, Braylin! Here comes Cameron and Rebecca."

I snapped my head around and followed his eyes as two teens came walking toward us. I felt my stomach twist into knots. Jonah squeezed my hand, sensing my unease, which helped slightly.

"Hey, Jo!" The boy, who I was assuming was Cameron, said with a giant smile. He was tall, a few inches taller than Jonah, and had dark curly hair that was piled up on his head. His soft brown skin and hazel eyes seemed to be aglow with so many people and I could tell that he was definitely an extrovert, the exact opposite of me.

"Hey, Cam. Bec." Jonah beamed at both of them.

I glanced over at the girl who had a soft smile and long, black hair. Her nearly black eyes shimmered as she looked at me kindly. "Hey, are you Braylin?" she asked. "Jonah has said so much about you."

I couldn't help but smile slightly back. I looked up at Jonah with narrowed eyes. "Has he, now?"

Cameron chuckled. "Oh, he won't shut up about you. He's definitely crushing hard."

Jonah's eyes widened as his face turned redder than his hair. "Dude!" He smacked him hard on the arm, but Cameron just laughed.

I met Rebecca's gaze and she rolled her eyes, making me chuckle.

"Don't worry, Jo," I smiled as Jonah ran a hand down his face. He glanced over at me, embarrassment engulfing his features. I smiled, before standing up on my tippy toes and pecking a kiss on his cheek.

Jonah froze, stunned.

"Ha! You're welcome, man," Cameron teased.

I laughed as Jonah tried to regain his senses. He was always so cute when he was flustered.

"Are you guys sitting with us today?" Rebecca asked brightly. "I would love to get to know you, Braylin."

Jonah smiled, his face turning to its normal color again. "Of course. I mean, if that's okay with you." He looked down at me in question.

I nodded, feeling like today wasn't going to be as bad as I had expected. "That sounds great."

°•°•°•°•°

(Two Weeks Later)

"Sheylee! Come on! We're going to be late!" I yelled across the apartment from where I stood by the door. It was nearly noon and we had to be over for lunch at Jonah's by twelve fifteen.

"I'm coming!" my aunt screamed back from her room where I was sure she was probably still finishing up her makeup.

I checked the stove clock once again and then pulled out my phone. My aunt says she's coming, which means that she's going to take another ten minutes. We're so going to be late, I texted Jonah.