🌸CHARCOAL🌸

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"PLEASEEeEEeees" The H/C girl begged her mom to let her go out of the house without her brothers coming with. It's always been like that, my brothers would go sale fire wood when me and mom get dinner ready for my brothers when they get back. "I'm sorry but you know your can't-" "please mother!" I was screaming so loud that one of my brothers came outside to see what's wrong "Mother what's this about?" Akio said in a worried voice "Nothing dear, April just wants to seal fruit by herself..." mom looked at Akio with a small smile saying 'don't worry' "WHAT NO APIL! don't you know what's creeping around in the shadows at night, remember WHAT Brother said!" I stopped jumping around mom, turning to look at Akio.

(FLASHBACK 5 years ago)

Say, when your young and stupid, not knowing why my dad left... you just blame it on him for leaving his family. It was not entirely...his.......Fault.
"Brother"
The snow crumbled under my feet while I tried my best to ask my brother a question
"Yes?" Haru turned his Head to the my smaller figure "can I... ask you something" still struggling to get to him "can- ca- can you tell me about father." finally getting there I looked up to him with a bright smile on my cheeks.
".....You see, it's nothing to really worry about, you'll know why when you get more older" Huro picked up his hand to sit it on the top of my head.

"Well, Father was a brave man, he would do anything if it mean's keeping his family safe and out of harm's way." I stared with small sparkle in my eyes on what he said about father. "HUHHH REALLY." Haru just smiled once more, taking his hand off my head Haru started walking down the snowy mountains. 'Wait! Why did he leave me, what was so important for him to leave his family if he wanted to protect it?'
See, to young to understand the meaning of "protect".

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

"April..."
Your mom was always so, soft and comforting....nice...Protective, some people think it's a good thing to have a "protective" Family, nope not me. I have 3 older brothers that want let me even step FOOT out of this house, I feel like their just coming up with so stupid stuff, like that one time when it was dark outside and I just wanted to look at the stars, BUT NOOOO of course one of my brothers how to say some made up stuff like.... OH "you know what comes out in the dark.... MONSTER!" .....not gonna lie, that was the time my heart jumped out my body...

"APRIL!" Snapping out of my day dream when I was still looking at Akio "APRIL! Did you even hear a word I said!" Akio being Akio literally screaming all the time, covering up my ears with an annoyed face, the girl just look back to mom for more begging "please mommaaaaaa!" I kept begging on my knees when Akio was shaking his head in the background "hummmm......ok I guess it want hurt-" "WHATTTTTTT!" Akio STILL screaming and yelling. Running around....doing backflips?! "she is 12 Akio, let her see the world." He calmed down and went to sit beside mother "mother you know Kaito want Agree to this...." Mother looked at her son calmly "yes, it's about time she opens her eyes to the real world." Mother smiled, turning to face me once again "you will leave during the day, but MAKE SURE YOU COME HOME BEFORE DARK!"

"Huh" Kaito look at me like it was a joke, yup one of my most protective brothers out of all 3 "WAIT.....HUHHHHH!" Now getting that I was not joking
He looked at me angrily 'dang, why does my brothers keep looking at me like... THAT' I was surprised when he calmed down, he patted my head while laughing "UGH, I new it was coming, I mean your 12 now, not a baby..." my smile dropped at his words "of course I will still be your little baby, I just want to go do something instead of being locked up!" He laughed more before taking his hand off my head walking away with a wave "take care and be CAREFUL! Get home before dark to" when he said those words I jumped around with happiness.

(Little time skip)

"Ok and done!" Mother backed away looking at the girl with ALMOST 20 scarfs on "mother, don't you think you went overboard?" Huro said gently.

My whole family was now outside in front of me to say goodbye on my Journey off to selling flowers, I mean it's...going great! My mom just put 20 scarfs on my neck with an excuse of "y'all get sick if not carful!" Kinda stupid but I went with it, anyways "NUH, it's winter so I had to make sure she's good and warm" I just rolled my eyes and turned around to start walking down the Mountain before stopping to look behind me "have a safe trip and come back as soon as possible!" Akio screamed at me "yea! Wh- what he said!" Kaito was screaming and crying on how fast I grow up "I WILL!!" Yelling as I look off in a run.

(Time skip to when she's in the village)

Walking around the now loud village to just sell some flowers until... "GET OUT OF HERE!" I was surprised when I was thrown away with a body force "EKK!" I flew towards the ground, scared of hitting it I closed my eyes, after a second I felt someone catch me bridal styled, opening my eyes to see who it was, looking up the first thing that caught my eye's were black hair and burgundy tips then looking into his dark red eyes, I was starting to stare to long, looking away with a small blush I quickly put myself back on the ground and bowed my head for a thanks, running off to a different direction to loose him.

TANJIRO'S POV:

When I was strolling around the village to selling more charcoal so I can earn money to at least feed my family. Walking when also talking to the villagers, I heard a crash "GET OUT OF HERE!" There was a young man slung out of the villagers store, I was just going to stand there and watched it happen, but something changed my mind when the boy who was thrown out the store hit a girl my age before she was thrown into the air too about to hit the ground, but with my quick reflexes I ran up to her with both my arms extended out to catch her, she finally landed in my arms and she opened her eyes, it was the first time my heart speeded up so quick 'her eyes are so pretty... like stars....' I thought still looking at the girl in my arms, her face turned red as I did the same realizing that I was staring for to long, she wiggled out of my hold and bowed her head and scurried away.  

'Cute...'
——————————————————————————————————————————

AHHHH! this chapter was so good, I just loved writing it!

BYE BYE, see you in the next chapter!

‼️I don't own kny‼️