Three

As Natasha and Yelena were sharing a heartfelt reunion on the ground, Mila opened her eyes and saw dust everywhere. She was laying on the ground and couldn't remember how she landed. Her ears were ringing like crazy. Then she slowly got up and took her backpack off.
"Yelena!" she called out, hoping for a response. Her head was still spinning but she managed to stumble forward as her eyes darted around searching for her mentor.

"Mila," a different voice called back.
It was Natasha.

Mila walked over to find Natasha helping Yelena to her feet. Right when Yelena stood up she looked to Mila and gave her a weak smile. Mila did not smile back.
"How could you?!" the young girl asked and knocked her down with one blow.
"Hey!" Natasha said to her and blocked Mila from hitting Yelena again.
"It's okay, I deserved that," Yelena said to her sister with a light laugh as she stood back up.
Mila didn't let her say another word.
"You pushed me away. I could've helped. I thought you were going to die...again!" the girl said with a sad look.
"I was just trying to protect you," Yelena told her as she held her arms open for the girl.
"I don't need anyone to protect me," Mila replied as she gave in and hugged Yelena.
"I know you don't. You are a very tough girl," Yelena said and held her tight.
Yelena looked up and her eyes met with Natasha's.

Nat couldn't help but feel a little jealous with how attached Mila was to Yelena. It made sense though. Yelena basically raised her.
"I missed you," Mila said to Yelena as she looked up.
"I missed you too, little one. I'm sorry I didn't come back sooner," Yelena said as she held the girl's face and pressed her forehead on hers.

Natasha felt very out of place and didn't really know what to do in that moment. Yelena looked over to see her sister and then lifted her head and said to Mila,
"I don't think you've been properly introduced to your mother, have you?"
Mila shook her head as she let go of Yelena and looked to the older widow.

"Hi," the girl said to Natasha in a small voice.
"It's nice to finally meet you," Natasha told her with a smile and stuck her hand out to the girl who shook it and smiled back.
"You too. I didn't think you existed," Mila said truthfully.

Then the trio was interrupted by Alexei saying,
"What a beautiful moment. All my girls back together again."
His voice startled Mila and she instantly went into fighting mode. Natasha tried to stop her but with a swift kick the girl knocked him to the ground.
"Ow, what was that for?" Alexei asked as he stood back up.
"Sorry, just... instincts," Mila told him.
"Mila you remember Alexei, no?" Melina asked her. The girl looked unsure.
"The Red Guardian," Alexei clarified as he stood up straight.
"Can't say I do," Mila said to Melina, ignoring Alexei.
"He was our... father figure," Yelena tried to explain.

Natasha looked across the field they were in to see a group of cars coming for them.
"Here comes the calvary," she warned the rest of them.
Melina looked back and then asked,
"So what's our plan?"
Without hesitation, Natasha responded with,
"You guys go. I'll stay."
Alexei shook his head and said,
"That's insanity. We fight. We fight with you."
"I'll hold them off-" Natasha tried to say but Alexei interrupted her and said,
"Natasha, we fight."
"We can't split up," Melina added.
Natasha sighed and said,
"You guys go," as the cars got closer.
"Oh my god," Yelena sighed and rolled her eyes.
"Besides, if it can work out with us, you know, there may be some hope for the Avengers," Natasha told them with a subtle smile and made a small gesture with her hand.

"Okay well, if you're leaving, then I guess you should take this. I know how much you like it," Yelena said as she started to take her vest off. Then she handed it to Natasha.
"It does have a lot of pockets," Natasha said as she took the vest from her sister.
"Very handy pockets, yeah," Yelena agreed.
Then Natasha handed Yelena a vile of the red dust and told her,
"He had widows implanted all over the world. Melina will need to copy the formula but you should be the one to tell them it's over."

Before Yelena could respond, a jet landed close to the group. It was the group of widows from the Red Room. Yelena walked over to meet them and asked,
"You came back for us?"
"We wouldn't leave you behind," one of the widows answered.

Natasha smiled as she watched Yelena thank the widows as she walked through them.

"Hey. You take care of yourself, okay?" Melina said to Natasha and pulled her out of her thoughts.
"You take care of her," Natasha nodded to her daughter and Melina nodded.

Melina started to walk away but stopped when she realized Mila wasn't behind her.
"Mila?" Melina asked.
Natasha turned around to see the girl hasn't moved from her spot. She was clearly torn.
"But we just met. You're going to leave again?" The girl asked looking at Nat.
Natasha looked to Yelena who walked back over to Mila and said,
"What would you like to do?"
"I don't know but it just seems wrong to all split up. I thought we'd have more time," Mila said with a defeated look.
There was a moment of silence.
Natasha knew how Mila felt. She too wished for time with her own mother. Then an idea popped into her head.
"What if you come back to the states with me for a bit?" she offered.
"Can I?" Mila asked.
"Yeah, why not." Nat said with a smile.
"We'll have to deal with this first... but I have a plan," she added as she looked towards he incoming cars.
Mila smiled and nodded her head.
"Now it's your turn to take care of her," Yelena said to her sister and Nat nodded with a grin.
Yelena walked over to Mila and said,
"Behave yourself, little one."
"I will," the girl promised.
"Don't miss me too much," Yelena joked as she pulled her in for a hug.
"I love you," Mila said softly to her.
"And I love you," Yelena said back and held on for just one moment longer. Then she pulled back and began to walk away towards the jet. Natasha and Mila started to walk away too.

Natasha turned one last time and let out her whistle which Yelena answered.
Then Mila watched as the only people she's ever truly known get in a jet and take off, leaving her with her mother.

"You ready?" Natasha asked the girl.
Mila nodded and the two waited for the cars to approach them.
"Follow my lead and let me do the talking," Natasha said lowly.

As they pulled up Natasha dropped what she was holding, laid down her weapons and put her hands on her head. Mila did the same.
Secretary Ross made his way over to them and asked,
"Romanoff, what the hell happened here?"
Natasha stood up and answered with,
"The Red Room."
"The Cold War spooks? They've been gone for years," Ross said back with confidence.
As he finished his sentence a large part of the Red Room fell from the sky with a crash and he turned around just in time to see it.
"That's what I thought too," Natasha told him.
"And the girl?" Ross asked and nodded to Mila who was still on the ground with her hands up.
"She was being trained in the Red Room. She survived the fall but doesn't speak English," Natasha told him.
"Well, you know what has to happen now," Ross said and nodded to his men who walked over and cuffed both Natasha and Mila.

He lead them to the back of a truck and got in the front passenger seat. As they drove away Ross said,
"The Red Room, under the radar all these years. I can't imagine how much damage they've done. And you took them down all on your own."
"I had some help," Natasha told him and then looked to Mila.
"Who?" he questioned.
"I'm just being humble. It was all me," Natasha said back.
"I'm realizing it's impossible to ever know who you really are. I mean, to me, you're a turncoat assassin, but then you go and save the world when the world wants to lock you up. It's simply impossible to know whose side you're on."
"You and I have that in common," Natasha said as she started to work on her handcuffs, careful not to draw attention to her actions. Mila saw what she was doing and carefully began to work on her own as well. She was able to unlock hers about a second after Natasha. Nat smiled at her daughter and gave her a slight nod.
"What is that old saying? You can't go home again," Ross said slowly and then turned around to see the back of his truck opened and both widows gone.