Alliums

A customer had asked him for a bouquet meaning to apologise to someone, and to ask for forgiveness

Tommy collected some daffodils, purple hyacinths, yellow roses, and white tulips, all having the attributes of forgiveness or sorrow in an error. It was perfect.

The colours of yellow and purple complement each other, and the dashes of the white tulip helped create a variety within the repetitive purple and yellow.

It looked fairly beautiful, and his customer was very appreciative.

The customer had given him 20 emeralds, and Tommy was quite surprised.

"20 Emeralds? Sorry, but I think this is too much." Tommy shook his head, attempting to return 15 emeralds.

The customer lightly pushed Tommy's hands away, "No, no, I insist. For great service, and a way of saying thank you."

Tommy huffed softly, "Alright then. Come back someday!"

The customer nodded, waving as they left with the bouquet in their left hand.

Tommy smiled as he heard the bell ring once more, announcing the departure.

"What a nice person." He muttered, surprisingly without sarcastic intent.

He walked towards some flowers he hadn't yet watered, and gave them their refreshments.

He hummed in thought,

Do flowers have feelings? How would they feel if people pulled them out of the ground?

Tommy preferred to pick flowers from the ground by the roots, so that they could live longer.

Others just wanted to get the job done, cutting them by the stem and leaving the rest of it in the ground without a care.

He disliked people like that. He thought of them as lazy, and apathetic.

However, he was unable to stop them. It wasn't in his power.

He sighed, putting the watering can back down under the ground.

His floristry was filled with multiple plants and flowers, and it practically glowed with warmth.

It comforted Tommy, and that was a reason why he loved this job.

His job consisted of the nicest people that he could ever meet.

He hadn't yet met a person who seemed grumpy or cheerless. They all sprinkled joy into his territory of flowers.

His thought bubble burst when he heard the sound of the bell.

As Tommy turned from the patch of petunia to greet the customer, Tommy instead bumped into a tall, slender figure.

Familiar two-toned hair and heterochromia eyes blinked back at him.

It was the tall and slender Ranboo.

"Fucking- Ranboo, you almost killed me there! I nearly had a heart attack!" The blonde jumped in fright, then lightly punched the taller's elbow, as he couldn't reach his shoulders.

Ranboo chuckled light, "Sorry, Tommy. I didn't really mean to."

Tommy raised an eyebrow.

"You mean you fully meant to?"

The enderian sighed in defeat.

Ranboo was the person to enjoy sneaking up on people. It built his character, and in his opinion, (being the exact opposite of Tommy's,) was that it was fun.

"Anyways, what do you need? You usually don't come to visit me more than 5 times a week."

Ranboo perked up. "How do you know how many times exactly I've been visiting?"

Tommy chuckled, "I've been counting."

"Are you that lonely that you count how often I visit?" Ranboo asked, guilt and empathy laced in his tone.

Tommy sneered, "Who said I was lonely? Fuck off."

Ranboo hums, "If you say so," He says, almost unsurely.

"Right then, what did you need again?"

Ranboo inhales sharply,

"I need a bouquet or just a flower for someone I appreciate."

Tommy raised a brow, as though in jealousy.

Not really, as it was more in a playful gesture.

"I mean- not that I appreciate you as well, but-"

"It's fine, besides, who said you can't have friends other than me?"

Ranboo smiles.

"I'm glad you understand. Could I have some uh, alliums?"

Tommy hummed softly.

Alliums were Ranboo's favourite flower, and he usually only gifted it to people who he really cared for.

Tommy was one of them, for instance.

"Are you in love with someone, Ranboo? You know you rarely give alliums to other people."

Ranboo froze, turning towards Tommy.

"What? No, just for a close friend... Yeah, a friend."

Tommy chuckled, "Awww, you have a crush! That's cute. Never expected you to be the crushing type."

Ranboo blushed, "Tommy, it's not for a crush."

Tommy raised an eyebrow, "Really now?"

Ranboo nodded.

Tommy soon left and returned with a bouquet of alliums, handing it to Ranboo.

Ranboo's gaze was fixed on a figure standing outside.

"Ranboo, you look like a fucking creep. Stop staring." Tommy sighed.

Ranboo shot his head towards Tommy, "Right, yeah. Forgot."

"Is that the lucky fella?" Tommy grinned.

Ranboo blinked a bit, "Who?"

Tommy sighed raising a palm to his head.

"You've been staring at the Mayor's son for some time now, Ran."

Ranboo froze.

"Tubbo? THAT'S THE MAYOR SON?" He exclaimed in shock.

Tommy burst into laughter.

"You are so oblivious, I just don't understand how you manage to get your way around the city!" He chuckled.

"Maybe it's just luck." Ranboo shrugged.

"Good luck on your date." Tommy smiled

"It's not a date, Tommy, for the love of God." Ranboo sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Riight, see you, lover boy." Tommy smirked, playfully nudging Ranboo out of the shop.

Ranboo waved goodbye and left with the short brunette.

"Simp." Tommy muttered, then cackling manically.

Tommy sighed fondly. He would have to introduce him to his crush later.

The rest of the working hours went by smoothly, without an issue.

Tommy was tired in the end, but it was worth it.