Chapter 5

I was just really into posting this chapter today, hope you enjoy it!:)

_______________________________________________________________

"I can't believe you haven't met my family yet. We have been dating for like four months," Riker said, and put his arm around me. I chuckled. "I guess we've just been too caught up in eachother," I said, and he shook his head. "Nah, I don't think that's why," He said, and kissed me. We walked up to his front door, and before we could even think, it flew open. I was quickly embraced in a big (and a bit painful) hug from his sister. "OMG, I can't believe I'm finally meeting you! Riker has told us so much about you!" she squealed. "He has?" I asked, and blushed a bit. "Yeah, he doesn't stop! He's fallen big time," the last sentence she whispered, and I giggled. I already liked Riker's sister. 

"And here he is when he was three!" I burst out laughing, along with the rest of the Lynch family. Stormie (Riker's mom) had insisted on showing me their photo albums. Riker was completely red in his face, I think it was more than a little bit embarassing for him. But I thought it was fun.

"I had so much fun, Riker. I'm happy that I finally got to meet your family, I'm sorry if it got too humiliating," I said, when it was time for me to go home. "It was fun," he said, and smiled. "So, are you doing anything tomorrow?" I asked, and he frowned. "Yeah, I'm sorry," he said, and I remained silent, waiting for him to explain why he was busy. When he didn't answer, I said "Why are you busy?" "Oh, just some stuff, you know," he said. Why wouldn't he tell me? I didn't want to jump to conclusions, or be the annoying girlfriend who thinks she controls his life, so I just said bye, and started on my journey home.

"Oh, just great!" I said when I got home. I had forgot my wallet at Riker's place! I couldn't go back, it was already 11 PM, and I used more than an hour to walk. I couldn't take the bus, since all my money were in my wallet, I couldn't call Riker, since I hadn't got a phone. Dilemma. I desperately needed my money tomorrow, cause I had to get on the other side of town, because of a job interview with a dance school. I couldn't walk there, no way. The car ride took about one and a half hour, and that was if I were on the highway. If I had to walk, it would take me four hours. Well, I just had to abandon that interview. Maybe another one would come soon. Hopefully it would, since I hadn't got that much money left.

That night, I couldn't sleep. The people in the apartement next to me, made ALOT of noise. I banged into the wall, but they wouldn't stop. You could say that night was full of curses. I almost called the police, that's how annoyed I was. I wasn't only annoyed with my neighbors. I was annoyed at Riker too. Why wouldn't he tell me what he was up to? Why all the secrets? I've never been a big fan of secrets.

The next day I slept until I woke up. It was an unusual feeling to sleep as long as I wanted, on a day when I usually would have worked. But it was still not funny that I hadn't got a job. I decided to use the day to clean the house. God knows how long it was since I last cleaned it. I hated cleaning, but it wasn't that much to do, and I had to do it, so I just put on a smile, and imagined that it was easier than it was. 

After cleaning for several hours, I was exhausted. I junped on my little couch, and turned on the tv. I switched through the channels, until I stopped at FOX. It was a show called GLEE on, and I decided to watch it. I had heard about it, but I had never really watched it. After I had watched that episode, I was totally into it. It was a GLEE marathon, and for the first time that day, I had a big smile on my face. I recorded the episodes, so I could watch them later.

When I had watched about four episodes, I gasped. I reached for the remote, but couldn't find it. I stressed out, and started looking through the whole livingroom. When I finally found it (between the pillows on the couch), I rewinded, and gasped again. It couldn't be! But it was him! I had just spotted Riker. Just when I had convinced myself that my boyfriend were on a famous tv-show, I heard a voice from the hall. "Melanie, you forgot to lock the door again!". Riker stepped in to the livingroom, with his jacket almost off. He saw the expression on my face, then the tv (which at the moment was paused on a close-up on his face), and remained silent. "Why didn't you tell me you were on a tv-show? We have been dating for 6 months!" I said, sounding really angry. I wasn't upset at all, just surprised, and maybe a little disappointed that he hadn't told me. "I'm sorry, I just didn't know if you wanted to date an actor!" he said, and looked at his feet. I sighed. "It wouldn't matter to me, Riker. I would have dated you anyway!" I said, and smiled. I walked over to him, and he gave me a big hug. "I were just a little disappointed that you didn't tell me. I don't like secrets. You don't have any more, right?" I said, and he looked down to the floor again, and rubbed his neck. "Uhm, I kinda have one more," he said, and I told him to tell me. "Well...I'mkindofinabandwithmysiblingsandwe'regoingontoursoondon'thateme," he said, and I raised my eyebrows. The only words I got out of that sentence was 'band', 'tour', 'don't hate me'. In other words, enough to understand what he meant. "Why haven't you told me before!?" I said, as calm as I could. He mumbled something to the floor, and I got mad. "You could have told me!" "I know, but I was scared. And I didn't want to just say it right before I left for tour," he said. "What did you expect would happen if you suddenly went out of town for weeks, without it being a vacation?What did you expect me to think?" I said, and sat down on the couch again. He was about to answer, but his phone rang. He looked at the display, groaned, and then answered. "No, why?.......do I have to?....fine, I'll be there in fifteen," He said, and put his phone back in his pocket. "I have to go," he said, went past me, and out the door. Without any explanation, or even a goodbye. Why wouldn't he tell me anything? Didn't he trust me? Was he ashamed of me? I don't even know what "we" are anymore.