I knock on the front door to Jacob's house. Which is actually only one street over from mine. Weird.

Mum has finally given up on the whole 'no friends over for the foreseeable future' vengeance crap. She didn't let me have Jacob over; I think she saw through my plan. I think half of the reason she gave up was because she got sick of having to deal with me and Niamh.

Jacob opens the front door.

'Hey Jaco-' I pause, frowning, '-you're not Jacob.'

A boy who looks exactly like Jacob, but who totally isn't Jacob is standing in the doorway with Jacob's usual surly expression. Except. He isn't Jacob. I know Jacob. It's a gut feeling thing you know? Also, this Jacob doesn't have chlorine hair and eczema on his hands.

The boy looks me up and down, his neat, light coloured clothing the complete opposite to Jacob's usual black, grey and navy blue attire. Then he turns to shout back over his shoulder.

'JACOB! SOME KID IS HERE TO SEE YOU!'

I clap my hands over my ears, unable to hide the scandalised expression on my face at the volume of his shout.

The boy turns back to face me, expression unchanging at the sight of my hands over my ears. He waves me into the house, turning around and leaving the door open for me to follow (I think I like Jacob more).

'Come on, Jacob's probably frothing over some gay shit.'

I frown. This guy seems like a bit of a dick.

The frown leaves when I see Jacob (my Jacob) at the end of the hallway, dressed in his usual hoodie with a pair of trackies tucked into his socks. His hair is all messy, and I have to shove down the urge to mess it up more.

'Hey Jacob!' I wave from behind the other boy. Jacob gives me a small wave back. I almost trip over my own feet (but that has nothing to do with Jacob waving at me).

'You know, Jacob, I thought that you were weird, but then-'

'Shut up Luka,' Jacob cuts over the other boy, rolling his eyes at his complete replica, 'leave Peter alone.'

I freeze for a second, unsure of if I actually just heard Jacob say my name. He said my name. I look up at the other boy, Luka, then back to Jacob. Jacob said my name. I don't know why that makes me so happy.

'Fucking weirdos.' Luka mutters, walking away.

I grin.

'He's my twin,' Jacob murmurs, rolling his eyes again and holding the finger up at something (Luka) behind me, 'he goes to St. Johns.'

'The smart kid one?'

'Yeah, well,' Jacob shrugs, 'they think they're smart.'

__________________

Please don't forget to vote and comment 💗🥰