Unexpected Visit.

Chapter Three- Unexpected Visit.

Lexi couldn't keep him out of her mind either. All week. Fezco, fezco, fezco. She even found herself dreaming about him. About how he genuinely laughed at her dumb jokes. His smile. His smell.

Talking about smells. She smelled his green sweater now perfectly folded on her hands. It was a combination of weed and cologne that even though she doesn't love the smell of weed, somehow it smelled so damn good. She inhaled his scent again. It took her back to that night and she felt like she could drown in it. Like she could drown in him.

She had arrived from school a couple minutes ago, saw the sweater folded on top of her night stand and couldn't resist. She had found it on the floor after they took Nate's almost deceased body out. She picked it up with the excuse of returning it later.

However, sitting there, imagining he was right next to her, she changed her mind. Lexi had no intention of returning the only piece of him she had.

Her mind was conflicted. How could Fezco be so kind and amazing to her but be so violent towards Nate? But more importantly, why did she not care? She knew violence was never the answer but she also knew Fezco probably had a very good reason. After all, Nate Jacobs was not a saint.

"Lexi! Come down, please." Her mom's voice from downstairs interrupted her thoughts.

"Coming." she shouted loud enough for her mom to hear her.

Lexi got up from her bed and placed the sweater back on her night stand. She didn't worry about her sister spotting it. She wasn't home and the last thing Cassie was paying attention to was her family.

She had made it downstairs and into the dining room but a feeling of worry attacked her when she saw Cal Jacobs sitting on that chair like he owned the place.

"Hello, Lexi. Please take a seat." he said with such calmness it scared her. There's always been some really weird vibe in that family.

"What's all this about?" came out of her mouth as soon as she sat on the chair. Cal lifted his cup of coffee from the table and took a sip. "I was just talking with your mother about the night my son ,Nate, was assaulted."

She swallowed, in fear of what he was going to say. Lexi looked at her mother for some support but didn't get much from her.

"...And she happened to mention that you and your sister were also at that same party."

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. He was looking for information.

Cal stopped speaking and Lexi realized he was waiting for her confirmation.

"Yes, we were." Lexi spoke firmly. Letting him know she wasn't intimated.

"Well, then I'm sure you know how badly hurt Nate is. There's still bruises on his face."

"Good." she was tempted to say but of course did not.

"...As you can imagine, we're still trying to catch the men responsible for this. So, if you were at that party and saw something, it's better you talk to me."

Of course she wasn't going to say anything. She doesn't know the exact reason why Fezco did what he did but she for sure knows that Nate deserved it.

Plus, this could get Fez in trouble and out of her, Cal will get nothing.

"No, I didn't see anything. By the time I realized what was happening, they were taking him to the hospital."

"Interesting. So, a man gets beaten up in the same house you were and you didn't know anything until after."

"That's right." she responded.

"I'm gonna repeat this again. I don't know who you're trying to protect here but it's better if you talk to me, you know, before the police gets involved."

He was full of shit, she thought. If they haven't arrested Fez yet it's because Nate is not talking, so his dad wants to take matters into his own hands.

"Like I said, I didn't see anything."

Lexi's confidence shifted away as soon as she heard the door opening.

Shit. Cassie was home.

She knew her sister better than anyone. She wasn't calling her weak but Cassie doesn't do well under pressure. Although she still had faith that her sister wouldn't throw Fez under the bus.

Cassie looked at her sister for support when asked about what happened but Cal's voice made her look back at him. "Don't look at her. Look at me."

Cassie was the oldest but she never took on that role. She always looked at her sister for support or on what were the right things to say, even if she never ends up doing what Lexi says. But Cassie was easily intimidated.

"Why would you say that?" Lexi asked her sister when they got to their room after Cassie had told everything to Nate's dad. She really thought Cassie had more backbone.

"What was I supposed to do?"

"Not say anything."

"You heard him! He was going to call the police, Lexi."

"No he wasn't. He was bluffing and you fell for it because you're a fucking idiot!" They didn't have the best relationship but Cassie had been acting way more delusional since the new year started.

"Why do you even care? Fezco almost killed Nate! That was his decision!" Cassie went to the bathroom, leaving Lexi with that question in her head.

Why did she care? Yeah he was so kind to her and she's never had a man her age ask her so many questions about herself but it was more than that.

She's never been in love apart from some dumb celebrity crushes when she was 13. She never had a boyfriend. The only romantic encounter she had was when she kissed Tucker Blake at the Freshman Formal and she was so embarrassed she never spoke to him again.

So all the feelings that Fez caused in her were new. So new that it was exciting. So new that it was scary.

She laid on her bed, looking at the ceiling. She had to warn Fezco about what had just happened and like that she will also get to see his face again.

On the other hand, Cal knew Lexi was lying. He didn't put his eyes on Cassie who told him everything just with a little pressure from him. But on Lexi. It was obvious Cassie didn't know the town's drug dealer like that and didn't care to hide his identity. However, Lexi was protecting him. She cared for him.

She will lead him to Fezco's location.