Out of Time

They met almost two years ago. Both fairly new to the inside worlds of heroes and villains. The hero, Deku, was sent out to patrol an area where a new uprising villain was spotted the most. His job was to keep the people in the area safe and if he spots the villain, apprehend them, alive or dead.   

Two hours had passed and he was starting to get antsy because nothing had happened yet. Nothing out of the ordinary; photographs, autographs, saving a kitten from a tree. Those were normal. No burglary or thefts or break-ins. The little voice in his head told him maybe he should be happy that no villains were out causing trouble. But the hero in him told him that no villains most likely meant something deeper was happening, someone was planning something and he had enough villain encounters in his life to get some trustworthy intuition and paranoia. He was just about to call in with an update before the flutter of something out of the corner of his eye caught his attention- he turned his head to find himself face-to-face with the person he's been sent out here for. He doesn't know what he was expecting but the smug smirk on their face certainly wasn’t supposed to affect him the way it did. Or the ruby-red eyes peeking out from behind a mask that was looking at him like some meal. Or that voice.   

“Hello hero, you’re new around here, aren’t you? You here for little old’ me?”   

“Yeah, Ground Zero, so are we going to do this the easy way or the hard way?”  

The tip of their finger was brought up to their chin. “Hm... hero, let us try the hard way.” And they were off, running back into the alleyway and up the building.   

--------  

HERO NEWS WEEKLY  

DEKU AND GROUND ZERO NEW RIVALS?!  

October XX, 2XXX  

Two days ago hero Deku and villain Ground Zero running across rooftops with Deku chasing after Ground Zero. Insight from Deku’s agencysay, Deku was sent out into the area where Ground Zero has been spotted recently. With Deku as the next symbol of pro hero's after late All Mights retirement, and Ground Zero quickly climbing the ranks in the underworld, it’s predicted by some that these two will become rivals like All for One and All Mights almost a decade ago...  

--------  

“Good afternoon Deku. How are you this fine day?” The blonde-haired villain dropped down in front of Deku. Stopping him in his trek through a dark alleyway. It brings him DeJa'Vu from when they first met. That was a couple of months ago now. They’ve created a sort of ritual at this point. Some banter. Then a chase that ended up as more of a race recently to Ground Zero’s place. Where they shed their personas and hang out as...friends you could say.   

“Oh, you know, just spending my day saying the citizens. Now I’ve sent out to find and try to apprehend my new rival, have you seen him?  

“The villain Ground Zero? Around here? You better get on that?”  

“Yeah, I will,” Deku smirked and started his full cowling. Lighting up the alleyway in green. And the race began. They ended at the apartment with Ground Zero winning just like he always has. Entering the house in the woods where no one can spot them they took off the masks and found each other to smile at freely.   

“So Katsuki they say were going to end up as rivals like All for One and All Might.”  

“Those old men? Comparing us to them? They don’t see you and me at the end of the day where you end up in my bed. Wonder what they would say if they saw their golden boy cuddling up a villain.”