Forevermore

Izuku didn’t know how to live his life anymore. He didn’t have his person anymore. Now all he had is being a pro hero day in and day out. So that’s what he did. He submerged his whole being into working for the people. But it was different. It was still horribly different than before. Katsuki was in every part of his life. And now he’s gone. All he had left is the house in the woods. Every day he would go to work. He would have meetings, modeling shoots, interviews, and appearances. He was getting tired. But when he would sit in that room and on that bed all the memories would come back and he would cry. He couldn’t-shouldn't cry all the time. He had to live somehow. But the hero commission workers would just keep coming with more things to do other than out in the streets saving the civilians. That’s what being a hero was about. He was starting to see why Kacchan hated the professional hero world. No one cared for the real reason behind heroism anymore. And he was going to fix it. Starting with this interview he had today.   

Walking in he was dressed business casual. With a red button-up shirt, one that was the closest to his lovers' eyes, and some black slacks. He walked onto the stage waving to the cameras and people that were here in person when he was introduced.  

Interviewer: ...Welcome hero DEKU!!

He greeted the interviewer and shook his hand and sat down in his designated chair. Everyone was clapping.   

“Thank you for such the warm welcome I’m happy to be here.”  

“No thank you Deku, we’re happy you’re here. You’re busy these days.”  

Deku leaned back in his chair. Nodding his head and flashed his signature smile. “A hero’s job is never done.”   

“I understand. Let’s start,” The interviewer pulled out a stack of cards. “We collected some questions; would you be okay with answering them?”   

“Yes, of course, I would be glad to give you some answers.”  

And the routine of answering the same basic question started. How hero life was treating him. What he did in his free time. Of course, he lied. How his hero friends were. And then they started asking questions about his two-year rivalry that ended just two weeks ago.   

“Now we all know Ground Zero, but we don’t know what you know about him. Anything you’d be willing to share about the villain?”   

If anyone was bothering to pay attention to his body language, they could see Deku was starting to get uncomfortable. If his old teacher and friends were watching he knew they would notice. They didn’t spend three years in the same vicinity to not pick up on his tells. “Ah, Ground Zero. Let's start off with some basic information. First his name was Bakugo Katsuki.”   

“A name? So, the Ground Zero’s name is now revealed, anything else.”  

Deku watched as everyone tried to hold in their excitement. They knew he had information and he would be sharing it. On live tv none the less. The Commission is going to be after his ass after this. But it’s what he has to do. For Kacchan. For them. He leaned forward resting his elbows on his knees. Holding his hands together. He wiped his façade off his face.   

“Now Katsuki,” He could see the interviewer's surprise. First name usage? That was weird. But not for their level of relationship, but no one knew that. “He is no villain,” He raised his hand to stop the oncoming outcry. “Maybe in the Commission point of view. They wanted you to think he is. They painted him as this horrible person that hated heroes. That wanted to get rid of them and kill them all. They wanted you to think of him as some sort of All for One. And me All Might. But let me tell you. Neither of us are who we are painted as. He is an activist. He wants the world to see the corruption that we have in the world. That the Commission has. It’s dark. And it’s a lot.”