Chapter 3

While the three were out shopping, there was a great deal of commotion in Fairy Tail. A good week ago, shortly after Natsu's departure many realized that they really wanted to be close to the salmon-haired one. The fact that they then also said yes when he asked who wanted him as a boyfriend overwhelmed many. To them Natsu was family! No more and no less. It hit people like Levy, Juvia and Freed particularly hard. People like them, who had realized who they were really in love with a while ago didn't want to admit their newfound feelings for the Salamander!  Nobody really wanted that, but some didn't mind that much. "Listen to me my children! I'm sure you're all confused but Levy is already figuring out what's going on. Soon everything will be back to normal!", Makarov announced.

"So you love Natsu?", Laxus asked Freed. "Yeah!", he shouted energetically and immediately put his hands over his mouth. He didn't mean to say that! "Wait, I meant yes!" He blinked in disbelief. As much as he wanted to say no, he just couldn't. He grabbed a pen and a piece of paper and started writing. 'I love... Natsu' 'I love N  ' 'I love Nts' 'I love Laxtsu' 'I love Na-' He tried to fight back, but the magic that forced those feelings on him was just too strong. How was he supposed to tell Laxus like that he didn't loved Natsu but him? "And for how long?", the grandson of the guild master asked and you could clearly hear how hurt he was in his voice. "About a week", Freed admitted honestly and sighted. He really had had strange feelings for the Salamander for about a week and didn't want to admit them. Only half the guild's outburst gave them hope. The probability that so many were falling in love with the same person at the same time was pretty much non-existent, so there had to be magic involved!

It was getting late and Gajeel, Gray and Levy were back from shopping. The black-haired opened the door and was about to enter when he noticed that his two companions were still standing on the porch and didn't approached the door. "Come on in", he said rather harshly. "But I really don't want to. Who knows what else will happen when Levy and I walk through that door? And I saw your looks, you don't want Levy either getting too close to Natsu", Gray said and Gajeel gave him a death glare. He firstly put down the groceries and then dragged the other two inside.  "There you are again", Natsu said and the next moment he had Levy and Gray hanging on his neck because Gajeel hadn't reacted quickly enough. "I'll make food take care of them", Gajeel instructed Natsu and disappeared into the  Kitchen.

Just an hour later all four of them had a decent meal and were ready to go to sleep.

But that wasn't so easy because Natsu had two nuixances that were constantly attached to him.  Without Gajeel he wouldn't even had been able to go to the bathroom by himself. "Salamander, I have an idea. Go into the bedroom at the end of the hallway. If they don't show up right away, it worked, but if they do, you'll probably have to share a bed with Gray." Natsu wasn't too keen on bed-sharing and hoped Gajeel's plan would work.

Natsu went to the last bedroom. Meanwhile Gajeel had grabbed Levy and Gray and carried them out of the house.

"Gajeel?  Why did you carry us out?" "I'm doing an experiment. If you're not in the same building as Natsu you're acting normal. We'll go right back in and see how close we can get to the last room without you're being crazy about him again. Ready?", the Iron-Dragonslayer asked and received affirmative nods from the other two.

But as soon as they entered the cabin in the woods Levy and Gray rushed to Natsu. However, he had enough brain to lock the door and fell asleep minutes ago. The two noticed that they would not get through the door without violence and therefore gave in which surprised Gajeel very much. Both were powerful magicians who could easily have gotten through such a simple wooden door! But instead they just gave up and went to sleep too. Even more surprising was to him the fact that Natsu had used his brain for once.

The next morning Natsu was awakened by the delicious smell of breakfast.

Downstairs in the kitchen, Gray was at the stove making pancakes, bacon, fried and scrambled eggs and rolls. "Gray?", Natsu asked drawing attention again. "Oh, hey Natsu! I made breakfast because you love to eat! Enjoy it, it's all for you!" The fire wizard didn't need to be told twice and sat down at the dining table, just as Levy came in. "And I washed and ironed all your laundry!  Plus your bed's made again!", she announced hoping that Natsu would be grateful and pay more attention to her now. Natsu didn't know exactly what was wrong with all his friends but it definitely had its perks! And he would enjoy them as long as possible.

Shortly thereafter Gajeel also came in since he had also noticed the delicious scent.

"Hey Shrimp. Have you started to figure out why you all fell in love with that torch?", he asked while looking up from his food. "Why should I? Maybe I like those feelings!" Ouch that has hurt the black haired pretty much. "Why, you ask?? Because it's a mission you have to complete!", he said and picked at his food in frustration.

Natsu watched him do it and then looked from the food to Gray, to Levy. Both had been trying to do something that would bring him joy and that brought him an idea!