xiao | rejected, pt2

Written; 29.01.2022

Itd been months since your rejection from xiao. Months yet you still sat on the bed in your bedroom staring out the window with dead eyes, as tears fell from both your eyes and the clouds in the sky. You couldn't move on, why? You were rejected by the boy no one wanted, maybe thats why. The clouds pitied you too. How pathetic. 

 You visited wangshu inn late at night, sometimes. Late at night so that you were hidden by the dark and the shadows, you'd feel pretty awkward if someone found out you still couldnt let go of xiao after so long. You'd leave some almond tofu, and a few notes, hoping that one day maybe you'll receive a note or few from him too. Maybe he regretted rejecting you? Maybe he was just too shy to admit it? 

So much false hope.It was a cycle, repeating constantly. You'd forgotten about all the other things to life. You used to have the world, but let go because of one person. Isolating yourself because of depression and keeping yourself caged up, refusing to let anyone reach out to you by even the slightest. You thought it would pass by someday, so you waited patiently for that day to come. 

 And soon, it did come. One morning you woke up to sunshine. You groaned at the unfamiliar light blinding your eyes. You got up with a long sigh. Maybe today was the day to change.

 You walked over to the bathroom looking at yourself in the mirrorIt was a surprise. You hadnt seem yourself in what felt like years. You chuckled slightly at what you let yourself fall down to because of an emo yaksha boy. You sighed again, preparing yourself for a shower. You hadnt been able to run your hands through your hair for ages. It had grown out a lot and was really knotted and tangled. But you had time. You were getting through this one step at a time, it didnt matter how long you were going to take because you knew you couldnt let yourself stay like this all your life, and you were one day going to get better. 

You soon got out the shower and felt as good as new. You picked out your favourite pieces of clothing, and did your hair in the way you liked it the most. Although it did have to change a bit due to the amount of hair you had unconsciously grown out by now. But it was nice. Really nice. Being in something other then the hoodie youd worn for weeks in a row now. It was pretty smelly so you decided to quickly hand wash it. 

 You finished long overdue house chores and after a long ponder decided to take your first step outside into the light after quite a while. At first the light was quite blinding to your eyes, but after a few moments you quickly adjusted to the heat on your skin. It was warm. A feeling you hadnt felt for a while now. Warmth. Not just on your skin but in your heart, too. And your cheeks aswell, from the tears unconsciously rolling down. But this time they were happy tears. Not ones that grieved but ones that were happy and ready for a new start. 

this was actually requested by sm1 on yt!! Im writing a pt3 too, soon, lol. Contemplating on wether I wanna add a new love interest or not. And who, if so.