Chapter twelve

I won't leave you
You swear ?

I swear

*

Nightmare used to be way to addicted about Dream when he was little, but no one could blame him and everyone could understand that. When it was raining, Dream would have run to give something hot to someone that didn't have a home, they didn't care if they could get cold or anything else. Dream would have come back to the tree, shaking and Nightmare would've gave them their sweatshirt.

"Heh you don't need to give it to... Atchou ! Hah..- maybe I've got sick." They told him as they keep smiling. And even if they were total opposite, Nightmare still liked a lot how they acted, sometimes it made him tried his best to look just like them but it wasn't right because they were themselves and Nightmare was Nightmare.

He wasn't jealous, or maybe a little. Everyone once in their Au as tried their best to look and act exactly like the guardian of positive feelings but they were unique.

At 13 years old, just before the apple accident happened. They had a house just next to the tree, it wasn't the best home but it was their and no one could ever had those memory that they had in it. Now everything was gone, the house was still there and Nightmare had the surprise to see that 500 years old after it wasn't that broke. Nightmare showed it to Dream a month ago but the little one didn't remember about it after those years.

It was a love/hate relationship and they couldn't just love eachother or hate eachother, something made them madly in love for some reason that no one ever understand.

Back in the present, Dream let go of Nightmare as they continue to smile. Looking at each other, Nightmare gets up and was searching for something while Dream was still sit on the bed, coat on their cold legs. "Are we gonna kiss everytime and act like nothing happened ?" Dream asked as Nightmare was doing a mess in the brown little box on the floor.

"Is it important ?" Nightmare said, he punched the box when he finally founded out what he was searching for, a necklace with stars and a moon. He came back on the bed and sit behind Dream as he tried to put the necklace on Dream's neck.

"I don't even remember my first kiss, but I'm sure it was from you. So no, your kiss aren't nothing." Dream looked at the necklace, it was shiny. The necklace surely has been in the box for some years but still survived.
Nightmare put his hand on Dream's cheek and smiled. "Then if it make you happy, let's not act like nothing happened. But both of us know that we are gonna get trouble about that."

Dream rolled their eyes as they played with the little stars on their necklace. "Where did you find that ?" They asked, looking at Nightmare behind them. "Are you gonna believe me if I tell you I made it myself two years ago ?"

Dream looked at the necklace impressed, it was way to pretty to have been created from his hands. "Oh, that's so nice ! But why don't you wear it ? It could have been prettier by you wearing it."  Nightmare shrugged his shoulders.

"Nah it wouldn't look pretty on me, look at you with it you are.. beautiful." He murmured, hoping Dream wouldn't hear. They were enough close to hear anything, Dream turned around to be in front of Nightmare and smiled.

"I'm sure it would look pretty on you ! I'm gonna try my best to give you the best necklace ever, you are gonna wear it everyday." Nightmare rolled his eyes. "Dream, don't loose your time for doing that."

Dream did their sad face. "Aww, whyyyy ?"
"That's really nice (Ew- I really hate that word) Nightmare tough. But it's a gift you don't need to give me something back."

"No do not worry about that I'll get you a beautiful gift !" Nightmare rolled his eyes as he kissed Dream once again, pressing his lips over their. Dream closed their eyes as they around their arms against Nightmare's neck.

Dream moaned as Nightmare bit their tongue. He started to take of the shirt of Dream as he take of his own hoodie, he looked at them and smiled. " You look adorable Dre~" he took Dream's hands and blocked it above their head, he bent down to bite his lover's neck.

"Ha~ Night it's not a good idea to do that right now." Someone opened the door, Ink the little boy that no one would have noticed if he wasn't loud him and his french accent. He got red, seeing what was happening but still stayed in the room and laughed at the scene.

"Are you guys having fun~?" He asked, in a mocking tone. Nightmare turned around to look at Ink. "GET OUT." He yelled, Dream laughed as they put back their t-shirt starting to get cold.

"Aw come on I want to see what's gonna hap..-" Nightmare throw on Ink a book with 400 pages,

"I said GET OUT Ink !" Ink touched his head as he started bleeding on his forehead. "I was just there to say that someone is waiting for you guys outside- dumbass." He leaved the room, not feeling bad at all.

Nightmare sigh as he turned back to look at Dream, both looked at eachother. "You have could been nicer with him Night." He rolled his eyes as he get up and put on his dark sweatshirt.

"Dream, you can't be literally nice to everyone all the time. It's dumb and..." "Pathetic ?" They said. "Yes pathetic." Nightmare respond.

He helped them to get up of the bed. "We should probably go and see who's waiting outside." Dream noods as they follow Nightmare leaving the room.

Everyone was sit on the couch, Dust still in the kitchen drinking like always. A person was leaning against the wall, he looked up when he heard footsteps. Shattered was there, scaring everyone expected Ink that was completely neutral about anything that could happen, his forehead still bleeding.

Nightmare walked till he get in front of Shattered with Dream behind him, everyone was watching the show, they all knew that a fight was about to start.

"Oh~ hello father, how are you doing Night boy ?" Nightmare rolled his eyes, clearly not happy to see his son in front of him just after trying to have fun with his partner aka Dream.

"Wait what, boss have a kid ?" Horror asked to Killer next to them, no response from him but from Swap sitting next to him. "I think noone knew, expected Ink." Ink rolled his eyes as he put ice on his forehead. "Guys shut up I want to see what's gonna happen." The couch was pretty far away from the place where Nightmare, Dream and Shattered were.

"What are you doing here ?" Nightmare asked as he walked in front of Shattered and looked at him eyes in the eyes. The golden boy was way taller than his father and it make him powerful, somehow. "I came to see how were you doing father, and to see my dear Cross." He giggled.

"Oh, so you do care about us now ? After years, you leaved and then you come back just like that ? I can't forgive you that easily after what you did."

Dream hugged Nightmare by behind. "Don't be mean with him, he was a child and he is still one you can't blame him forever."

They put their head against Nightmare's back as he tried to calm him down. "We can't apologize him for what he did that easily Dream, it's stupid." Shattered rolled his eyes, giving his eyes to Cross that tried his best to hide.

Shattered cough. "I came here to talk about something, but well if you guys don't want me to stay it's okay I can leave." He started to leave but Dream took his hand and smiled.

"You can stay, but do not think you are a special guest here." Nightmare sigh.

"Ha, thank you father. I'll be quiet do not worry about that."