5. Dress up

—NATALIA HAD ALWAYS loved weekends.
As a child, she used to love them because her parents usually stayed at home from work, she and Iosif, her younger brother, spent those endless Saturdays and Sundays playing every single board game they were able to find around the house, then, they used to watch those old movies Mr Zabini neatly kept on his shelves, even if he never happened to watch them.

Natalia's dad was a wizard with Italian roots, he wasn't very tall, he had thick black hair, bushy mustache and an equally bushy pair of dark eyebrows. He wore glasses, but lost them constantly, and the thing Natalia missed the most about him when she was off to school, was his cooking. Mr Zabini was, in fact, a very good cook, he had this large, tatty cookbook (it was his grandma's), and Natalia could clearly remember every afternoon she had spent flipping through the thick yellowed pages, over and over again, especially during her childhood. She had learned how to read using tiramisù and amatriciana recipes.

When she had started attending Hogwarts, during her first years, Natalia still liked weekends, because she could spend those free days peacefully reading in her common room or scribbling all day long on her notebooks.

After her fourth year, the ravenclaw girl had grown to love weekends for yet another reason: partying. Generally, Natalia loved spending time with her friends, regardless of what they did together, but attending parties, or even just drinking and smoking in one of their dormitories, she particularly enjoyed. It always seemed like a good way of relieving the stress they had built up during the week, and Natalia surely was an easy-stress champion.

And, especially that Saturday night, 30 of October, Natalia really needed to relax, possibly holding a nice and full glass of firewhisky.

Hufflepuffs were throwing an Halloween party and she was really looking forward to it for two reasons:

1. Hufflepuffs, according to her, threw the best parties in the whole school.

2. Natalia loved dressing up.

"Help me getting the glitters on, Nats" Delilah muttered lazily, leaning on the wall while fiddling with the edges of her white dress -part of her angel costume-.

On her part, Natalia had her face almost squeezed against the mirror, with one hand she was keeping her eye opened, with the other she was trying to put in the contact lens.

Natalia hated contact lenses more than anything else.

"Don't distract me" She mumbled, finally managing to get it in, letting out an heavy sigh of relief.

"All right, come on, c'mere" Natalia said to her slytherin friend who proceeded to happily jump towards her.

She then started to apply the silver glitters above and under Delilah's eyelids, taking her time to observe her eyes every now and then. Natalia would have never known how to describe her friend's eye color, they were such a dark and cold blue, they sometimes looked greyish. Delilah truly looked like an angel.

She had that kind of charm, that icy beauty, with her long, bleached blond hair perfectly framing her sharp features.

Natalia slightly smiled while looking at her "Beautiful, as per usual" She confidently said before turning back towards the mirror so she could finish getting ready.

Delilah thanked her, kissing her cheek and chuckling awkwardly, she had never learned how to take compliments, she couldn't do it, once she had said to Natalia that she received so little compliments she wouldn't have ever got used to it.

"I'm gonna go get Jonah, you'll better hurry up and find Kenny. Let's meet in half an hour, by the corridors that lead to Hufflepuff common room. Thea's gonna get us in." Delilah quickly said, collecting all her belongings and glancing at herself in the mirror before exiting the bathroom.