9. Mischief Managed

—WHEN SHE FELT LIKE IT, Natalia could be very sly.
She was able to quickly come up with good ideas, she was witty and she was also quite smart.
She alway knew how to find a way out from every kind of unfavorable situation, she was able to swiftly react to problems and solve them on the spot, she dealt with struggles head-on and she did it with perfect clarity of conscience.

However, there was a certain someone that really enjoyed stealing her quick wit from her. In his presence, she became a foolish, awkward little girl. A total mess.

That someone was her Defence Against the Dark Arts professor, and as for right now, he was giving her the sternest look she had ever received from a man. And she loved it. She loved feeling that small under his authoritarian gaze.

She felt the shivers chasing each other down her arms, she held her hands tightly behind her back, her lips pursed.

But let's step back a little.

[ Nine hours prior ]

"Shut up and just come with us, Lia! We've got something for you" Fred and George briskly walked down the stairs.

"I swear, I don't trust you two. Not one bit" Natalia quickly followed behind them with insecure steps.

"You won't regret it, I swear, this is the craziest thing!" Said George cheerfully as they turned the corner. They suddenly stopped, looking around them just to be sure there was no one who could hear them.

She looked at them quirking a brow, recalling the last time she had trusted the Weasley twins. It didn't end up well. They had given her a tiny green candy and she -like a complete idiot- had willingly accepted it.
Her stomach had made weird noises for three days straight, obviously.

"I won't be the test subject for none of your criminal creations this time. Just so you know." She said, crossing her arms.

"It's not about that" They quickly said while Fred pulled out a folded parchment from his robe "It's about... this" The both of them brightly smiled at each other, nodding. Then they looked at her, eyes wide and full of mischief.

"Parchment?" She raised her eyebrows, then she cautiously got closer to the object they were carefully holding, fearing it would suddenly explode or unleash a weird stench she wouldn't have been able to get out of her nostrils for months.

"Not just any piece of parchment" Said Fred, looking rather thrilled, as George was now pointing his wand to the object.

"Now look at this and listen carefully" He warned her "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" He spoke slowly and clearly, while the parchment filled with colors and words.

Natalia's eyes widened as she got closer "Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs, are proud to present... The marauders map?"

Fred and George stared at her, smiling with anticipation "The marauders map!"

"What the hell is this supposed to be?" The twins opened the parchment, bringing it closer to her, until she eventually grabbed it. "This is Hogwarts! This is a map of the castle! And... Wait a minute, that's-"

"Dumbledore" Little footprints made out of ink chased each other up and down what it seemed to be the headmaster's office on the map, Albus Dumbledore's name appeared next to them. "In his study"

"Pacing. Does that a lot"

Natalia frowned, her eyes fixated on the parchment "You're telling me this map shows-"