nine

"What do you mean you can't stay longer?" Colby pouted as we hang out in his room.

It's been a couple days since the party and we've been together basically every day.

"I have a family dinner tonight." I don't want to go. Only because Spencer is going to be there.

He pouted as he sat up in his bed. "You don't sound too thrilled about it." He pointed out.

I haven't told him that I don't have the best relationship with my sister.

But I know I can't hide it or anything. "Honestly no." I frown as I put my backpack on.

He was looking at me worriedly and confused. "You wanna talk about it?" He asked softly.

I feel like I can trust him. I sigh while looking at him. "My sister will be there and we don't have the best relationship." I admit.

He frowns towards me. "She was always the perfect child who got the perfect grades and she has the perfect boyfriend." I explain.

"So you always felt like you were second best?" He said it exactly. I nodded my head towards him sadly.

He apologizes for it even though he didn't have to. "I didn't even know you had a sister." It's like he's thinking of all of our conversations.

"I rarely talk about her." I don't even care about being late anymore.

I like talking about this to Colby. I can tell he's genuinely trying to listen and understand.

"Let's do this then. Text me through out the night. If you're over it and can't get out, I'll call you and say I need your help." He told me.

I smiled at the gesture. I sigh as I start to walk towards the door. He stood up from his bed to follow me.

"That's sweet, but you don't have to do that Colby." I pass the offer over.

I just have to stay there for a couple hours. "The offer still stands. Keep me updated cause I'll be up for a while." I don't know where he's getting at.

But I look up at him as we walk down the stairs. "You can go ahead and admit you like having me over." I tease him.

I could see his face heat up a little bit. When we got to the bottom step, he got back to my side.

"I would never admit to such thing." He played along.

I just roll eyes as we walk to my car. "What are you doing tomorrow night?" He asked as I threw my bag in there.

I think about it and I don't think anything. Everyone's gonna be working. "Nothing that I know of. What's up?" I ask looking at him.

"Sam and I were thinking about exploring a couple things before going back to Kansas for thanksgiving."

I forgot they're going back to see their family. "Would you be down in coming with us?" He had hope in his voice.

"I'll come by after work." A big ass grin came onto his face.

"I'll see you then." I swear to god, I could've seen him wink toward me before walking away.

I just take a deep breath before backing out. I drive to my parents since they're hosting the dinner.

I was a couple minutes late but I know it'll be alright. I go inside the house to see my dad sitting on the couch.

His face brightens up when he sees me. "There's my girl." He smiled when he stood up.

He gives me a hug while I look around. "Where's mom and Spencer?" I question as he pulls me away.

"In the kitchen, cooking." Of course Spencer is helping.