The Search Program

Toshinori yelped as the cup hit his head, causing him to almost fall off the chair. He dropped his own practically full cup on the floor before scurrying to pick it up.

While watching the sad feat, Tsukauchi sighed, rubbed his temples, and sat back down.

He knew he had to keep his cool.

Stay calm.

He just had a moment of weakness.

A fit of anger, if you will.

Toshinori quickly scuttled out of the room to get towels as the detective takes deep breaths.

Eventually the detective sits back and watches his friend clean up the spilt coffee with cold eyes.

It can't be a coincidence. But even if it's the same kid, there wasn't a video on it. So either they just didn't post the video, or this event took place before Hero Belief was set up.

It's been about four months since Hero Belief was created. But if I want a more defined time frame, I can look at the first video and assume they've had the account set up for a week beforehand.

This could be the biggest lead we have on the case so far--I just wish it wasn't due to Toshinori's foolishness.

By the time the detective's thoughts thinned, Toshinori was back in his seat, coffee cup nowhere to be seen. The cup Tsukauchi threw was also not on the ground anymore.

Tsukauchi swallowed before speaking clearly. "Toshinori. We are going to review what you said at a later date, because I suspect it had a greater impact than you initially believed. However, this information might potentially pertain to a case I am working on, so I will need details and descriptions in the meanwhile."

Toshinori's eyes widened as he looked at his friend--who was now in Detective Mode.

Did the young boy turn to a villain? Or--no. It couldn't be--the Quirklees Killer? Did i put him on the radar?

Toshinori froze, he hoped both those things didn't happen. The kid has a bright future. And All Might regretted not telling him that sooner. It was the reason he came to Tsukauchi to begin with--to find the young boy and apologize as well as to help the boy become a hero. The world needed more heros with a good heart. All Might would be honored to train the kid, even without giving him One for All.

The First Quirkless Hero.

It had a nice ring to it.

But unless he could enlist the help of his detective friend, All Might knew he might never find the kid again. Looking up, he saw the detective's cold stare.

Slowly, Toshinori nodded and the questioning began.

"About how long ago did this take place?" Tsukachi pulled out his pad of paper and flipped to a clean page. He then got his black pen out to take notes.

"The day of the sludge incident, so about four months ago." Toshinori thought out loud, hand to his chin as if to spark a braincell.

Tsukauchi paused, his theories so far being verified. It made him excited yet nervous.

"Do you know the kid's name?" Tsukachi asked hopefully.

"...No," was the reply. Tsukauchi sighed, shoulders slumped.