Chapter 37

"favorite person"

Andrew's POV

"I'm back!" I heard my father's voice coming from the entrance. Immediately feeling anxiety rushing back. I washed up the last of the dishes and walked out of the kitchen to see him placing bags down. "You know I thought this place was going to be a mess." His wandering eyes looking all over the place. "Good to know that wasn't the case." He smiled before patting me on my shoulder and moving on to the cabinets.

"Where's your wife?" I asked since I didn't see her with him. Wouldn't be surprised if he drove her off.
He signaled upstairs which made me just slightly nod my head.

"So I'm going to guess that is your little deathtrap outside in the driveway." He said while glaring at me, waiting for an answer. I looked to the side before looking back and nodding. "Didn't know your mom was actually gonna go through with it." before grabbing some chips from the cabinets. "It's nice."

"Yeah..." Trying to fill in the awkwardness that I feel. "So how was the trip?" I asked him since the silence was not something I was good with especially with my father.

"It was great!" Lighting up at the subject change. "Got to spend time with the wife and the spots over there are just amazing."

"Wait. I thought this was a work-related trip." I pointed out which made him quiet before rushing out an explanation.

"It was but then stuff came up and well you know how that stuff can play out." Gesturing his hand towards me as I just slowly nodded. "Anyways I'm going to check up on Leah." He told me before scrambling upstairs.

Conversations with my dad. Gotta love them!

~

I turn the corner of the block to see a familiar face in a crab costume and decided to tease her. "Looking good!" She turned my way and I flashed her a smile as her expression lit up.

"I swear if you came here to tease me, I will beat you up." I raised my hands up in the air.

"Me? Teasing? I would do no such thing." I spoke which earned an eye roll as I laughed it off. "Thought you were going in for the waitress position?"

"Lucky for me they ran out of that position." Pulling a sarcastic smile on her face. "So I was left with this," signaling to her costume.

"I mean it could be worse, you can be like that human billboard advertising that hair salon." Trying to make her look on the positive. "I'm pretty sure that guy gets hurt weekly by all the failed stunts," earning a soft laugh from her. "Also you look good in red." I complimented which caused her cheeks to flush to a pink tint color.

"You really know how to make a gi- Wait! What are you doing?" She asked while I pulled my phone out for a picture. "You better not Andrew!" Whining as I try to focus the camera.