Thread of Gold (Andy Barber)

"Yes, I'll send the paperwork right over." You sighed into the phone before you put down the receiver.

Dropping your head into your hands, you groaned at the pile of work that you still had to do before leaving for the weekend. You glanced up at the clock on the wall of your office. 2pm. Oh god, you were never going to finish before quitting time.

A sudden flash of movement in your doorway caught your eye. Intense blue eyes and soft brown hair, and a smile that made your heart flutter. Andy Barber. He tucked his hands into his suit trousers and leaned against the doorframe.

"So uh, you want to head out for a coffee break?" He asked, with a hopeful glint in his eye.

You sighed and shook your head. "Sorry Andy, I've got so much work to do. And I need to finish all this before the weekend." You rested your hand on the top of a stack of files, and it was Andy's turn to shake his head.

"Guess being a paralegal isn't all it's cracked up to be, huh?" He chuckled and smirked. Was he flirting with you?

Andy stepped into your office and sat in a chair opposite you. You looked at him with a confused expression on your face.

"I've finished my case work for the week. So if you'll tell me what to do, I'm all yours." He paused, clearing his throat after realizing he should probably clarify. "I mean what to do with all these files I mean."

He looked at your sheepishly and you smiled at how he was stumbling around you. This big, powerful assistant district attorney, clumsily trying to be friendly without being too forward. You found it incredibly endearing.

You sat back in your office chair and gestured to the stack of paperwork. "Well, if you could sort these files by case that would streamline my process. And thank you for helping, Andy. I really appreciate it."

Andy picked up the stack and started making piles on the small amount of space you had left on your desk before deciding maybe the floor would be a better choice. "It's no problem. I'm happy to help."

Turning back to your computer to continue your research for a deposition next week, you smirked to yourself as you glimpsed Andy out of the corner of your eye. Why was he being so friendly to you today?

———————-

Many hours had passed when Andy finally stood up announcing he had finished sorting everything. It was long past five o'clock, and the office was empty except for you and Andy.

In the time you were both working, you had twisted your hair up with a pencil, and Andy had rolled up his shirt sleeves after tossing his suit jacket on a chair. You couldn't help yourself as you watched his hands slowly rolling up the fabric while pulling your lip between your teeth. The man was like a god.

You leaned back in your chair, stretching your arms above your head. "Ugh god, I'm so glad it's all finished. Seriously, Andy. I owe you one for all your help."

He once again sat down in a chair on the other side of your desk. You noticed that he had also loosened the tie around his neck. The thoughts running through your mind were filthy.

"It's no big deal," he said in response, snapping you out of your train of thought. "Jacob's at his friends place for the weekend, so I'm on my own anyway."

It had been a couple of years since all of the events with Jacob and Laurie. Once everything settled down following Andy's divorce, he seemed to have become a new man. As if a load had been taken off his back after his ex-wife was gone.

You smiled and leaned forward onto your desk. "But you gave up your Friday night to help me, not many would do that willingly."

Andy's eyes weren't on your face anymore, they were now gazing at your chest. Confused, you looked down briefly to see that the button of your blouse had popped loose, and you were now proudly displaying your breasts to him.