I stayed over at Luke's last night. He feels like we don't spend enough time together anymore. We're going to go out to dinner tonight.

I turn around so my front is facing Luke now. I brush some hair from his face.

"I'm gonna head home now Luke, I have work soon." I tell him.

"Love you," he mumbles.

"I love you too," I smile softly and roll out of bed.

I grab my shoes and my keys and head out to my car. Once I'm home I quickly change into my work outfit. Once I'm done I go into the kitchen where Alex and Amy are sitting eating fruit and chatting.

"Hey, where were you last night?" Amy asks.

"Oh I was at Luke's." I say.

Alex shakes her head. "Emery, you really forgave him for how he acted?"

"Why wouldn't I? It wasn't his fault anyway it was mine." I shrug. I should of known they would be like this. They never really liked liked Luke.

"How?" Alex says, crossing her arms.

"I know his last with dating and I should of been more sensitive to his feelings. Which makes it my fault." I explain grabbing my coat.

"Okay what about him trying to drive you home drunk and then getting mad when you declined?" Amy pipes in.

"I have to get to work, I'll talk to you guys later." I say ignoring Amy's comment.

"We're going to Harry's tonight, you coming?" Alex asks.

"No, Luke and I have plans." I say opening the door. "Bye guys,"

They both say goodbye and I leave. Once I arrive at work I give my dad a big hug.

"Hey baby!" He says as happy as ever.

"Hi Dad." I say feeling his cheerful mood brighten my day.

"How's your week been hun?" He asks.

"Decent," I lie. It really hasn't been the best since everything that happened with Luke and everything.

The bell rings and I turn my head to see the same guy from when I last worked walk in. He has tanned skin and black hair. He seems friendly.

"Nice to see you again," I smile at him.

"You too." He smiles back. What a nice guy.

"What can I get you?" I ask him, ready to take his order.

"Just a coffee, thanks." He tells me.

I nod and head back to the kitchen to make him a coffee. After I finish making a plain coffee I'm about to go back out when I see he's on the phone. Should I wait to give it to him? I'll just walk slowly and hopefully he'll see me coming.

"Yes. Of course she isn't talking to other guys, only me. Chill. Gotta go she's back." He says hanging up.

I set his coffee down. "Here you are."

"Thanks." He smiles taking a sip.

"Enjoy," I say and walk off.

I don't know who or what he was talking about but that sounded awfully suspicious. He had to be talking about me when he said she's back.

I ignore it all and get back to work.

***
I am getting ready for my date with Luke tonight. We haven't been on a date to dinner in a while so this should be nice.

I am wearing a simple but nice red dress. My hair is curled. I feel nice. I smooth down my dress looking into the mirror when I get a text from Luke saying he's here.i grab my matching purse and head out to Luke.

I smile as I get in the car and lean over to kiss him. His breathe reeks of alcohol and I cringe back.

"Have you been drinking?" I ask.

"No I haven't." He says obviously lying. Why else would his breathe smell like that? I know the smell of alcohol.

"Are you sure? You smell like alcohol." I ask again.

"Yes I'm fucking sure. Now stop asking so many damn question Emery." He scolds.

What has gotten into him? I don't feel safe in this car with him. Not when he's acting like this and because he's been drinking and is lying about it. I've noticed he's more aggressive and mean when he's drinking which I don't really like.

I don't say anything else and stay silent the whole drive there. We pull into the restaurant parking lot and I get out as Luke does the same. We go inside and Luke gets our table situated. We get a table in the corner which I don't mind.

"So, how was your day?" I ask him trying to start a conversation.

"It was fine. Now stop asking me so many damn questions." He rolls his eyes picking up the menu.

I hold back my urge to cry and also pick up my menu. The waiter comes by soon and takes our orders. I watch Luke eye the waitress as he tells her his order. My heart pinged with jealously but also hurt.

"And what would you like ma'am?" She politely asks me.

"Oh, uhm id like the steak and a side salad please." I fake a smile. This night is awful.

"Alright that'll be out soon." She smiles before walking away.

Luke ordered a glass of wine while we're waiting which I wasn't quite thrilled about but I was too afraid to tell him he probably shouldn't drink anymore since he's already been drinking and he has to drive us home. I really thought this night would be enjoyable but I just wanna cry. First he reeks of alcohol and then denies drinking, then he yells at me for asking, then he yells at me for asking him how his day was.

You know what it's fine. He probably just had a bad day and I was being annoying. I should of picked up that he wasn't in the mood for small talk. I can't be mad at him for that.

After we finish eating we head home. I'm still a bit nervous with Luke driving right now but I don't wanna start a fight.

"Bye," He says coldly. I don't even try and kiss him. He probably doesn't want me to anyway.

I get out of the car and he drives off immediately like he has plans he can't miss. It's still only 9 so I don't know what I'll do with the rest of my night. I didn't plan that because I thought that Luke and I would hang out after our date but I guess not.

I go inside and set my purse down. I sigh and sit down on the couch. I can't help but to let the tears fall down my face. Why do I keep making him upset? I should of known he was having a bad day. I'm startled when my phone starts ringing.

I get up and grab it seeing it's Alex. I wipe my tears and compose myself before answering.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey, is your date over?" She asks.

"Yeah.." I answer.

"Great! You still have time to hang out with us!" She says excitedly.

She sounds so excited, I can't say no. I won't upset more people tonight.

"Yeah okay I'll come hang out with you." I agree.

"Yay!" She says. "Guys she's coming!"

"Alright I'll be there soon. Bye Alex." I lightly laugh.

"Bye girl!" She says hanging up. She's in a good mood.

***
Once I arrive at Harry's I go up to the door and knock. It opens and Alex pulls me inside.

"I'm so happy you're here!" She squeals.

I smile awkwardly and look to Niall. "She's drunk." He chuckles.

I nod with a laugh, "Ah, that explains it."

"Want a drink?" He asks.

"No thanks," I politely decline.

"Suit yourself." He shrugs taking a drink.

A/n- Comment your favorite character!