First ever real friend

I wake up. The clock reads 6 am. I could take this time to go see my little shroom. I quickly get dressed and I neatly fold the robe and place in in a messenger bag. I grab the plate, still filled with food from last night.

I rush downstairs to find my father making breakfast for everyone excluding me. I usually don't eat food but today I wanted to have a nice breakfast with Poison Mushroom. I search for plastic wrap and find it. I make food for myself and Poison Mushroom and the house is smelling like heaven. My father stares at me. I put all the food on a plastic plate then later cover it up with plastic wrap.  I grab 2 forks and 2 knives and stuff them carefully into my bag. I go back upstairs and grab a couple of books I could read to Poison Mushroom.

I tread downstairs again and open the front door, but my dad stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks.

"I'm going to find my friend." I responded. My father's jaw dropped. It's probably because I said I have a friend. I slipped past my father and fast walked so the food wouldn't get ruined.

Eventually I reach Poison Mushroom. They get all pumped up. I sat down revealing the gifts I made for them. I slowly pull out the robe.

"This, Poison Mushroom, is yours." I told them. They look at it with eyes wide open and their smile is brighter than the sun shining in my eyes. They put it on and instantly love it. I slowly pull out the food I had made for the both of us.

I pull out one of the books I thought that Poison Mushroom would like. I taught them how to read and how to make weapons (they chose bombs) in case of trouble.

3 weeks later

It's been 3 weeks since I've been visiting Poison Mushroom. My routine would be the exact same, bring food, books, and maybe even toys for them. My father thought I was visiting a shelter for poor cookies. He was partially correct.

Today I decided I wanted to bring Poison Mushroom to a park so they could make friends. But I was surprised by something else.

While I walked over to Poison Mushroom I heard bushes rattle. Poison Mushroom told me that animals don't usually habitat these woods.

"I know you're here step out of those bushes!.." I tried to sound strong. A cookie walked out. Their hair was red, and tied into two separate buns. Their clothes were the prettiest red robes I've ever seen.

"I hope you're not distressed with my sudden appearance." The cookie said, their voice trembling in stress. They look about how old I am.

"Are‐ Are you lost?" I ask.

"I can't navigate myself through this forest." They said "Show me the way to escape and I shall pay you a great price."

I stand there "Oh no, I don't need your coins! It's just nice to help others. If you're running away from somewhere I know where you can stay." I tell the mysterious cookie.

They have a shocked expression. "Thank you. I suppose I could tell you what you can call me." The cookie says. "My name is Pomegranate cookie, I come from the great Pomegranate kingdom." I know I'm screwed. The Pomegranate kingdom? Those guys are crazy at magic.

"You can call me Licorice, I'm just a civilian of a kingdom right over there." I say "But you seem like you're running away from your previous kingdom for a reason. You probably don't want to get caught. Follow me." I start to run while Pomegranate follows behind me.