Shut It

I reach my little hangout area, Pomegranate still behind me.

"Whoooo's thiiisss?" Poison Mushroom asks.

"She needed a place to stay so I let her stay here." I told Poison Mushroom. Luckily they understood better than I thought they would. I look up, beyond the trees. The sun already set and it's already dusk? How much time did I lose?

"Pomegranate, please take care of Poison Mushroom. It's time for me to go, I'll come back tomorrow. See ya." I rush to get out of there. I reach my house at 12 am, knowing sleep isn't going to go nicely for me.

I get home later than I thought. It's 1am, I never realized how far away Poison Mushroom is. As I'm walking upstairs I hear some sort of noise. It sounds like my father is talking to someone. It's not Taffy, he's at a sleepover, and my mother isn't here. I suddenly realize that it could be my uncle or something. As I climb more stairs their voices become louder. I reach their door and put my ear against it.

"I had soo much fun tonight, maybe we should go out again!" A female voice was talking to someone. I felt something in me twist. Why is he doing this?

"Yeah sure, are you available tomorrow?" My father told the mysterious cookie.

"Yep, let's go to the local bar." I hear footsteps coming towards the door. I carefully run down the stairs to make it seem like I just came home. The door opens. I look up. My father's staring dead into my eyes, but I'm focusing on the mystery cookie. I want to ruin this.

"Dad, who's this?"

"Blackberry, you're joking right? You have a kid?"

My father looks at her in silence. He's whispering something, I can't really hear what he's saying.

I smile, "So this is what you do when mom isn't home, right?"

"Blackberry.." the cookie turns around and faces my dad. She- She slapped him. I hear the door open behind me. My brother came home. He stares at me then at the cookie.

"DAD, WHY THE HECK IS PEPPERMINT TEA COOKIE HERE? YOU KNOW SHE-" she cuts Taffy off.

"Really. You even lied to me about your age? You would stoop that low?" She screams in anger.

"I dunno what you're talking about." He's trying to save himself from drama.

I yell "Take this outside will ya?" This is getting on my nerves. Peppermint Tea runs out the door. Finally, no more screaming. I go upstairs to my room.

As I'm about to open my door, my brother is standing next to me.

"Licorice, what did you do?" He asks.

"Simply what had to be done, I can't stand looking at our mother's poor face each time she looks at that..That..Goblin." I said.

"That's something, I thought you made her that sad because of you wiz-"

"Shut it."