Chapter One

Chapter One:

It was about a month after Casita was rebuilt, Bruno had practically fallen off his hammock when he noticed something was wrong. His room was so... off. The wooden plank he slept on [it's pretty much a big shelf for a bed if you're wondering.] now had a pillow and blanket, the boards and nails seemed new. He was not ungrateful but he was externally confused to how in the world someone had rebuilt his room without his knowledge, he thought for a moment that it was Casita but he quickly brushed it off knowing that the home could not interact with their rooms. His ears twitched in his nervousness and he held his tail confused. He could have sworn that just the other night, the boards were rotting and the nails were bent and rusted. Suddenly his rat friends came to greet him. There was something wrong, there were more of them and some looked a lot older than they were before. He even seemed to be missing a few of his friends. He ignored the strange situation and decided to head down for breakfast before his mother yelled at him for missing it again. He walked out his door noticing more things were wrong with the home. There were so many more doors than there were before, his mother and sisters looked older, but worst of all when he made it to the kitchen he nearly fainted from fear. There. We're. So. Many. People. He knew that they sometimes had dinner with the village but as far as he knew there were no special occasions today. He shook and folded his wings in as he slowly crept away, terrified to be seen, after all who knows what they would do to him. He snuck back to his room and crept up the stairs, into the vision cave, and onto the blanketed platform. He protectively huddled around his rat friends, he didn't want them to be hurt. His shaking hand crept out and knocked on his wooden platform. 'Knock knock knock on wood.' He whispered, his hand went back to his side having no salt to throw. He was there for a while, before realizing that one of the younger rats he saw that morning was missing, he was about to stand to see where Elton went but then the door flung open crashing against the end of his vision cave nearly making Bruno jump out of his skin.