C H A P T E R 1 - T H E C A V E

Ok so hello it's me yes :)

This will, obviously, have Daughter of the Deep spoilers, you have been warned.

Ok please give me a ship name for them I need one so desperately. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOUUUUU

👁👄👁💅🏽✨ Ok so moving on...

Hope you enjoy whatever this story ends up being lol

Ana's POV

It had been a month since I had let Dev say goodbye to our parents. Since we had returned him to his room. He was hurt, and still angry at the Nautilus for killing our parents. We hadn't let him out of his room since he had said goodbye to our parents. He needed the time to heal after seeing the Nautilus, the time I hadn't been given after first seeing her. He was angrier, so much angrier at her than I had been.

Dev had killed almost our entire school out of rage at Harding-Pencroft for sending off our parents and getting them killed. He needed desperately to learn to find a better way to cope with his emotions, like Gem had. 

Gem. Gemini Twain. The name that filled my stomach with butterflies, that sent chills down my back, that made me so happy, yet so nervous, all at once. The name of the beautiful, beautiful boy who had learned to cope with his emotions using me

Whenever Gem felt nervous, or upset, or overwhelmed, he would come and spend time with me. We would take the alt-tech diving suits, just like the one I got very stabbed in, the one where he had patched my sound, where he had been in the process of using his shirt as a bandage, when I hadn't been able to look away- God, Ana, I scolded myself. You are hopeless. He's one of your closest friends. Stop it.

Back to what I had been saying, we would take the diving suits and spend a while playing around with them. We would propel ourselves in circles around each other, search for specific creatures, anything to be occupied.

Recently, we had found a small cave filled with glowing algae and other aquatic plants. Every once in a while, we would end up in there, talking about anything, like what had been happening with our classmates recently, the Natilus, our favourite animals other than our HP houses (no, not the ones from Harry Potter, we've heard every joke wayyy too many times), favourite foods, or anything else that came up. If Gem had a bad enough day, he might leave a note with either a time, or just ASAP on it on my bed, telling me he needed me to talk or hang out in the cave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, I had barely seen Gem. I figured he might be playing around with some alt-tech weapons like he loved to to so much, but I couldn't find him anywhere near them. I was getting pretty worried. I passed by the library, and noticed Ester curled up on a couch with Top at her feet, reading a very fat book. Nelinha was sitting on the floor in front of the couch, petting Top gently. I decided to ask them if they had any idea where Gem was.

"No idea." Ester went back to reading her book. Every minute or two she stopped and wrote something new on a card.

Nelinha answered, "Looking for Spidey? I saw him by your room somewhere, few hours ago, babe."

"Ok, thanks anyways Nelinha. Bye."

"Oh, babe?"

"Yeah?"

"If you find him, be safe. You're spending a lot of time together recently. Use prote-"

"OH MY GOD, NELINHA!" I yelled, my face turning bright red. 

"Well, bye babe. Remember what I said. I wasn't kidding."

I left Ester and Nelinha in the library, still redder than a tomato. At least Nelinha didn't seem to absolutely hate Gemini anymore.

Remembering what Nelinha had said, I entered my room to find a little scrap of paper on my bed. All it said was...

A/N

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA I'M EVIL

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this :)

-UrGenderfluidLesbian, Alex 😗✌️