27

I quickly told Grace not to tell anyone before rushing her out. Once she was gone I shut the door. Antonio hadn't said a word since he muttered that sentence. I turned to him and said quietly, "Babe."

He looks at me, looking me over before walking over to me. He takes my hands and kisses them but he still didn't say anything. After that he walked out. Once he walked out I jsut stood there paralyzed. I sank to my knees befoer puttign my hands on my stomach. I knew Antonio wouldn't leave me, he loves me too much. But in the moment I was internally panicking and my boyfriend jsut walked away.

I doubled over and started crying.

Grace walked back into my room and says softly, "Tia Atlas..."

I desperately wiped my cheeks before saying, " Yes Grace?"

"Why are you crying about a baby? I remember Tia Dolores was very happy about her babies..." she says

I look at Grace before saying, "Antonio and I are in a particularly hard point in our lives... so we aren't really ready to have a baby..."

Grace just thought for a moment before saying, "I'm sorry Tia Atlas... I didn't mean to upset anyone..."

I smile gently before saying, "Grace this isn't your fault... you were just trying to cheer me up... why don't you go find your father?"

She n and runs out; I shakily got to my feet to finally Antonio was now behind me. He helps me stand before saying, "I'm sorry. I wanted some air."

Then he kisses me and says, "This. This is incredible... but I know I was far more enthusiastic about children then you..."

I got a weak look and the panic washed over my face. He hugs me as I cried about how I was going to be a terrible mother. He just listened before lifting my chin adn ksising me to shut me up. Then he said, "Atlas you will be an excellent mother... you are kind, and forgiving when you need to be... and you are great with kids... you jsut have a lot on your shoulders right now..."

I looked up at him before hugging him then I back up and put his hand on my stomach, I smiled softly and said, "i guess all those belly rubs weren't for nothing... based on your calculations I've been pregnant since..."

"Our first time? Yeah..." he says he leans down and kisses my stomach before saying, "I have held way to many babies between Isabella, Camilo, and Dolores... but to think the next will finally be one of my own..."

The look on Antonio's face made me smile before I wiped my cheeks. He stands up before I say, "how are we going to tell people?"

He kisses my forehead before saying, "well, now is clearly not the time, and praying that Dolores didn't hear us, I'd like to wait until your showing. Although if your not comfortable with that then we can tell them now... or not until the last minute..."

I take his hands before saying, "I like the name Angel."

Antonio squeezes my hand, saying, "We'll think on this."

I chuckle and kiss him.

We hung out in in his room fore the rest of the day, talking about what gender we'd prefer, what names we'd like, where the baby would go once it was born, etc.

Eventually we heard a knock on the door so I said, "Come in!"

It was Camilo he pokes his head in her saying, "Grace is acting really weird and we don't know why... she's hiding something. Do either of you know what's going on?"

"We've not seen Grace today..." Antonio said putting his hand on my leg

Camilo nodded her turning and leaving. I sighed before I say, "I want to tell Camilo..."

Antonio stood and said, "no. No way. Not right now. That is very very likely to start another argument."

I stood and got a whiney face before saying, "pllleeeeaaasseeee..."

"No."Antonio says rubbing my cheek he's to my n;ack eye and saying, "look I'm just worried about you. Katherine already gave you a black eye. If you tell Camilo your pregnant the news will eventually reach Katherine and I'm worried..."

I sigh and nod before asking, "Is Julieta back now? My ice pack has melted and I don't really want to present my black eye to the group."

Antonio kisses my forehead her leaving. I sat on my bed her gently putting my hand on my stomach. Some sort of calmness washed over me and I smiled putting my hand on my stomach. I took a deep breath before I laid back on the bed.

After a few minutes I felt a tug on my skirt. I leans up and found Hugo at my feet. He is currently the youngest of Dolores's children. I pick him up and he says, "Mom told me tot elk you that she wants to talk in her room..."

I nodded and walked chin back to the nursery. Dolores ushered me inside before whispering, "your pregnant?!"

I shifted uncomfortably her saying, "yes..."

"And it is Antonio's..." Dolores asked

My cheeks flushed and I said, "I have never done that with Camilo so yes, it's Antonio's."

She nods looking at me suspicious her she finally smiles and she hugs me, "I can;t believe it... Antonio is finally adding a leaf to the family tree!"

I blushed and she backs up her asking, "what did you do to your eye?"

"Katherine punched me..." I said

Dolores gasped and said, "oh my gosh. What happened?"

"I think Katherine finally got caught up on what's going on, so she and Camilo got into an argument. She blames me for it." I reply

After that I heard Camilo's voice yell angrily, "KATHERINE!"

I paled and ran after him. I caught his arm at the stairwell before pulling him into his room. Camilo was angry at first before his eyes widened his worry adn shock a dn he says, :Atlas! How hard did she punch you?""

"That's besides the point... Do not go after Katherine please... I do not want anymore beef with her..." he says putting his hand on my cheek. I pull away and say, "Camilo we have to stop this. But your still Antonio's brother so I have to be concerned for you... but you have to stop being all lovey to me..."

He drops his hand and says, "I'm sorry Atlas. I have completely screwed up your relationship with Antonio."

I didn't say anything instead I just pulled on my shirt. Then he says, "It's my turn to be sorry..."

He leaned down and kissed me.