<<The Next Destination>>

~🚗<<3RD POV >>

~🚗
<<3RD POV >>

"where are we off to next brother?" Keisuke asks setting down his bitter coffee on the restaurant table. Ryosuke sits across typing away on his computer.

"we are going to take on an individual driver. she has no team and she is ranked number one." he says going back to typing on his computer. Keisuke's eyes widen a bit at the response. he stares down at his mug in silence.
'a she? individual? number one?'

"thought you would have known. every person we have faced in america so far has warned us about her. have you not listened?" Ryosuke chuckles at Keisuke's dumbfounded face. Keisuke sighs, rubbing at his temples.

"i guess not." he grumbles finishing his coffee. "whatever. if you put me up against her i'll be sure to win." Ryosuke chuckles at him.

"don't be so positive yet Keisuke. we need to test you and Takumi on the downhill and then we will know." Keisuke scoffs at his answer.

"you're kidding me. i'm your brother and you have to decide between me and Takumi?" Keisuke lashes out out of nowhere causing nearby customers to take a second glance.

"knock it off. reminder that not only am i your brother but i'm your superior as well. no favorites are being played." Ryosuke sighs shutting his laptop.

"but you clearly know who the better choice is right?" Keisuke asks in an almost pleading way. Ryosuke stands up from his seat to make his leave.

"we will find out soon enough." and then he was gone. Keisuke stares at his fidgeting palms

'he's been favoring Takumi. there's no hiding it...whatever...the moment i beat him i won't need anyone.' Keisuke got up from his seat slapping a 20 on the table, making his way out of the diner following Ryosuke.

They both get into Keisuke's FD and drive away. The ride was silent as Keisuke's head flowed with thoughts.

'maybe it could be nice not having a team. being an individual driver. people fearing me and only me.' Keisuke smirks at the thought.

meeting this driver might be interesting. never met a solo driver with no team.

"what does the top racer drive?" Keisuke felt curious suddenly. Ryosuke smirks adjusting his glasses.

"you'll see soon. it's an interesting one for sure." Keisuke's eyebrows furrowed along with the tightening of his grip on the wheel.
He smiles devilishly staring at the road.

'interesting you say? this might be more amusing than i thought.' Keisuke says in his mind.
Ryosuke raises an eyebrow at his little brother.

most only see the mask, Ryosuke saw right to the soul, no matter the circumstance. the appearance is clues, information about their self esteem, the state of the mind.
Ryosuke saw something in the glimmer of Keisukes eyes. something different other than his drive for success. but what was it?

'there's something up with him. but i won't harp on it' Ryosuke mentally takes in as he gives him one last glance then starts typing on his laptop again, as he usually does.

"we leave tonight to go to Wyoming. it's a mountainous state so this could be similar to our style back in Akagi. this is our biggest one yet, with this girl being the talk everywhere we go. we will meet up with the rest of everyone and then head out as soon as possible." Keisuke nods as he accelerates onto the highway. making their way to their destination.

~~~<1 hour later>~~~~*cue spongebob voice*

Ryosuke and Keisuke arrive back at the rest stop where the rest of the team was at.

"are we all set Fumihiro?" Ryosuke asks putting his sunglasses on.

"all set, we are just waiting for Takumi." he says looking off in a distance as they hear an engine roaring in the distance.
it was none other than Takumi coming back from a practice run. Keisuke scoffs at the oncoming 86.

is he showing off or making a fool out of me? Keisuke thinks as his usual glare sticks onto the driver.

i swear if he gets to race miss #1 i'll be so ticked.

The angry thoughts keep unfolding in Keisuke's head but soon they are interrupted with a knuckle to the head.

"we are going now." Ryosuke says bringing his hand down to his sides. Keisuke immediately walks over to his Fd, getting inside with no words said. Ryosuke's eyes trail to his little brother movements, assumptions and thoughts piling into his head.

interesting to say the least. Ryosuke thinks with a slight smirk plastered on his lips. he walks back, getting into the van.

"i'll be taking a nap, Fumihiro." Ryosuke sits down reclining his seat back. Fumihiro smiles knowingly that Ryosuke hasn't slept in days.

"alright."
and then they were off to Wyoming.
soon to meet the one and the only.

~~~~~🚗~~~~~