Part 2

"Shooter.... Shooter.... Shooter.. Shooter..." I kept repeating, as I boarded up the windows. I'm not taking any chances this time. "I'll only leave the house when I really really  have to." I'm telling myself to commit to things that I'll probably not end up committing too. "I'll board up the cat flap too, Delilah can't get out. And Neither can Ollie. Oh that reminds me I need more locks for my door. I'll get some now."
I drive down to the town that once banned me from entering, they gave up on that when they realised that I couldn't possibly have been the cause of Amy and Teds disappearance, they would've found the bodies by then. They now search for Shooter. Day in, day out. They even look for his dairy farm in Mississippi once every 4 or 5 months. I don't think they'll ever find him...

I go into the shop and forget that the door slams shut, causing everyone to turn my way. Just what I needed.
"Sorry..." I say before quickly going through each isle, searching for a lock. I eventually find one but as I pick it up and turn around I walk right into Jessica. And I thought that today couldn't get any worse.

"Oh, hi Mort."

"...hi"

"In a rush?"

"Just a little, not that big of  a deal I was going home." Why the hell am I telling her this?

"Well, if it's not that much trouble, could you come over and help me move some things out of the house? I think you might have left some of your stuff anyway."

'First you cheat on me. Then you act like it was my fault. Then, knowing  that I'm finding it pretty hard to move on, you continue to stay in touch with me. And NOW, you expect me to help you move in to your lovers house and move out of the house I bought, where there are so many memories, that it may possibly be too much for me to go back there without completely breaking??? Why yes, Jessica I'd love to. No trouble AT ALL."  I thought to myself. I wanted to say this to her, I really did but I didn't want to have yet ANOTHER one of our stupid arguments. So, to my horror, I said "Sure."

When we arrived I got out of my car and looked at the house where I'd once been happy. God I hate it here.

"I only need help moving the couch, and maybe the bed, but I'll probably be able to get Daniel to help me with that." She said.

"Oh, and why isn't Daniel here now?" I reply.

"He's working." Jessica says curtly. "He'll be here in about 10 minutes."

After helping her with the couch I went inside to look for the things I had left behind in my rush to get out of there.
I was looking for a while but eventually I found a box with some of my stuff in it, I looked at a few things. My old laptop, broken. A picture of Chico, keep. A picture of me and Amy when we thought we were going to be parents... I stopped there. Even now, that Amy is gone, I sometimes wonder what would have happened if the baby had survived. Would she have still cheated on me? If she had would she have gone missing? Would I have ended up with Jessica and in this mess again? Would we have found out if the baby was a girl...? Amy wanted it to be a girl...
I sat there for who knows how long, rethinking what my life would have been like and what could've been, when Jessica interrupts me.

"Hey Mort, Daniels here, Mort...?" She says, surprising me by the softness in her voice, had she been watching me? Crap. I snap back to reality.

"Uh, okay. I'll leave now." I take the the box I found and go outside.

"Hey, Mort!" Daniel says, why does he sound like he wants to be friends with me when he should be trying to cut me out of his life...? "Thanks for helping Jessica."

"No problem Daniel." Daniel steps in front of me.

"Look, I know how hard this is for you."

"Well you don't exactly, do you Daniel?" I'm getting more frustrated by the minute.

"I don't, but I mean the fact that you came here, even though Jessica doesn't need to stay in touch with you, she has chosen to, I get it, that's hard for you. She's making this harder, you'd rather be left alone. I'm sorry."

If this had been a friend I would've been grateful, but this is the man my ex girlfriend cheated on me with. I just shook my head and walked to my car. "Thanks I guess." I murmured, not loud enough for him to hear. I drove away. I never want to talk to either of them again.

Okay... so I don't know if you'll like this one much, I couldn't think of anything else. And when I say I made it up as I went along, I mean that the only part that I had an idea of was the 2nd paragraph where I mention how Mort wasn't allowed into the town-
The next one will probably be better lol