13

Katsuki slowly opened his eyes. His vision was filled with dark green, and it moved slowly to the opposite side of the bed he was in.

Now he was just recalling what happened before he and Deku fell asleep.

He was still worried as hell, though. He wished he would read minds to find out as quickly as possible.

He looked over at Izuku who was shifting oddly in his sleep. As if he were having a night terror.

Bakugo got close to Deku just before shaking him to take up from whatever dream he must have been having.

The male shot up from the bed and instantly brought his hands to his hair to lace his fingers through the knots as a way to distract himself.

"It's okay, I'm sorry I woke you up," Katsuki apologized. He wasn't used to sleeping anywhere but in his bed, so this felt out of the ordinary. "I'll get you some water, stay here."

Katsuki stood up and made his way over to the kitchen. He remembered where the glasses were the last time he had to do this. He went straight for the middle cabinet.

"A-hah..." He said while snatching it and bringing it over to the freezer. He opened it and grabbed a few ice cubes before filling the glass up with tap water.

He then walked back into the bedroom and passed the glass over to Midoriya who seemed much more awake than when he had first left the room.

Deku gladly took it and thanked him for it silently with a small smile, yet it shortly disappeared once he took a minor gulp from the cup in his hands that shivered.

Katsuki sat back down and looked over at Izuku who was setting the glass down onto his bedside table.

"Care to tell me what that was about?"

Deku looked over at him and shook his head quickly, "It's nothing, just a nightmare."

"I see."

There was silence before Katsuki's phone rang on his side of the bed. He grabbed it and looked the see who was messaging him at this time of day.

Kirishima:
Todoroki said to let him know next time you skip work. You had him worried lol

Bakugo:
My bad. Tell him it won't happen again

Kirishima:
Will do

He lied his phone back down before joining Deku back to fall asleep once more. He felt somewhat calm when he had gone to bed with him the past few hours. It made him feel... Safe?

Even though he was the one who was supposed to be watching over him, it felt like Deku was beginning to do the same thing in return.

It felt nice. He never wanted this feeling to come to an end, whether I'd be good or bad.

He ran a hand through the greenette's curls as he had done before. His hair was like silk, however, it didn't appear that way.

Everything about Deku didn't look like how it was.

Just like now, he looked peaceful when he was asleep but Bakugo knew something was still bothering him deep down.

And he would not fail to protect Izuku.