2

Dana Kim woke up early, determined not to repeat the mishaps of the previous day and, most importantly, to avoid losing her job.

"Good morning, my beautiful plants! Please don't die on me. It would break my heart," she said with a smile as she spoke to her beloved dwarf plants in her small garden. Her love for plants was evident in the way she cared for them.

Dana's younger brother, Daniel, couldn't help but burst into laughter when he witnessed his sister's morning ritual.

"What are you laughing at, Daniel?" Dana asked, crossing her arms in mock annoyance.

"Come on, Noona. Talking to plants? Are you going crazy?" Daniel teased, unable to contain his amusement.

She raised an eyebrow, pretending to be offended. "Daniel, that's how it works! You need to communicate with plants for them to grow beautifully."

Daniel chuckled, still finding it hard to believe. "Really? Well, good luck with that. I'm off to school. See you later, sis."

With a playful wave, Daniel left for school, leaving Dana to tend to her plants. Satisfied with their well-being, she headed to her car in the small garage. Her parents had recently arranged for it to be repaired and cleaned, allowing her to use it once again.

"Looking good," Dana complimented her car, admiring its glistening appearance. She hopped in, starting the engine. As she did, her favorite song filled the car's interior.

"I hope you're happy, but don't be happier," Dana sang along, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel to the beat. It was her way of keeping entertained during the morning traffic.

Eventually, she arrived at the company, eager to start her day. Being exceptionally early, she found herself alone in the office, which gave her the opportunity to dive into her work right away. With her efficient work ethic, she managed to complete several tasks within the hour.

As her colleagues started to arrive, they greeted Dana with surprise.

"Ms. Kim! You're here so early. Are you afraid of getting fired?" Hoseok, one of her coworkers, teased, a smile on his face.

Dana chuckled. "Well, you never know, Mr. Jung. Gotta stay ahead of the game."

"You'll never get fired, Ms. Dana. CEO Park won't find anyone as diligent as you," Jeongyeon, another senior colleague, chimed in, sipping her coffee.

Dana smiled, appreciating their kind words, before immersing herself in her work once again.

"Hey, did you guys hear the news?" Felix, one of their coworkers, approached the group, a sense of excitement in his voice.

Intrigued, they gathered around Felix, eager to hear the news he had to share.

"What news?" Gaon asked, his curiosity piqued.

"Mrs. Yu is about to resign as the secretary!" Felix exclaimed, unable to contain his excitement.

The news hit them like a bolt of lightning, leaving them shocked and concerned for their friend's departure.

"W-What?!" Dana blurted out, clearly taken aback. She had a close bond with Mrs. Yu and couldn't fathom the company without her.

Felix nodded sadly. "Yes, I saw her packing up her belongings near CEO Park and the COO's office. It seems like she's preparing to leave."

Determined to get confirmation, Dana rushed to the front desk where Mrs. Yu was, closely followed by her worried colleagues.

"Mrs. Yu! Please tell me it's not true," Dana pleaded, hoping against hope.