[1]

💕
SYAIRE MIKARIA CROSS
MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

"weak ass shit I gotta put up with, this shit is stupid" I mumbled to myself huffing, causing the hairs in my face to effortlessly move while stocking the shelves with canned goods

"Well that's not a positive way to start off your day, I suggest you find a better productive and encouraging pep talk to give yourself before customers make their way into this store" My new manager Jake said in a warning tone, before looking down at his clipboard.

"What's your name?" He questioned as I quickly gave him a stern look.

"Name tag" I muttered, pointing at my shirt with my name tag on it capitalized.

"Syaire is it?" He asked, confirming my name.

"Yes that's what it says on the name tag as you can see" I said before smiling sarcastically.

"Hmm okay well you can go ahead and clock out for me Syaire, I don't want or need  any negative energy starting off my or the other employees day, thankyou" He said giving me a ironic smile in return.

"I sure will, as a matter of fact mark on your clipboard that I quit, and enjoy the rest of your day jakey pooh" I said taking off my name tag and throwing it in the nerby garbage.

"I don't know who you think you're dealing with but you're gonna find out quick. i'm not one to be played with, and best believe i'll make sure that Syaire Cross will never get a job again" Jake said scornfully.

"God didn't put me on this earth to work for no white man anyway, have a good day love" I said walking to the nearest exit while unlocking my phone to call my momma.

"you have reach the voice mail box of ..."

"Never wanna answer that dirty ass phone, that's her problem now" I mumbled to myself before opening the uber app.

Waiting for my uber I scroll down my messages, clicking on the group chat with me and my sisters.

saydee  & soso
imessage || 9:52am

bitchh

saydee 1haha
everytime you quit or you get fired you text the group chat🤦🏽‍♀️, at this point you can't keep a job

bitch a job can't keep me

soso
period

me
where's mommy? she ain't answer her phone, it went straight to voicemail

soso
in her room, knocked out cold

me
saydee you got dom over there? 🫣

saydee
you know i do! let's not act brand newww y'all know wtf going on🤣 my man my man my man

soso
ho stand the fuck up! y'all keep cheating on eachother like ew, find a new nigga

saydee 1haha
bitch shutup, we don't say nun bout you and diaire's ugly ass, you too young to be that toxic bitch