act three: scene eight

third person pov.

louis' hand rested on her thigh as he drove. charlotte began twisting the rings that decorated his fingers. it had been two days since she voiced her confusion about their relationship to their friends. there had been an unusual distance between the two until this afternoon when she received a text from him telling her to get ready and that he would be there at 8. just as he said he arrived exactly at 8. beckoning her to the car yet giving no information as to what their plans were for the night.

charlotte's mind went into overdrive; wondering what he wanted, where they were going, and whether or not she would ever confess how she felt about him. she was leaning towards not telling him. eventually, she would get over him. crushes are only temporary; even ones as big as this. however louis had a different plan in mind. tonight he was going to ask her to be his. he wanted nothing more than to be able to call her mine.

the silence between them was excruciating. never before had this happened, they were acting like 13 year olds going on their first date. louis tried making small talk, wincing each time a mundane question left his mouth. "so how was your day? nice weather we're having huh?"

however charlotte paid no mind to it, she was far too busy sorting out her own fears to realize that he was just as or even more nervous than she was. had she had notice his pitiful attempts at small talk, she would've realized that whatever the two were doing tonight was clearly important enough to throw the smooth talking brit off his game.

arriving at the restaurant, walking in hand in hand, their nerves began to die down. for right now they were just charlotte and louis. two close friends out enjoying dinner together. they quickly launched into conversation after conversation. an outsider would have never thought that the two had just ridden in almost complete silence for the past 20 minutes.

their night was coming to an end. charlotte was confused but nonetheless happy to have spent the night at a fancy restaurant with him.  she had assumed that louis would've eventually brought up their kiss and explain to her that they were just friends who made a heat of the moment mistake. she was prepared to laugh and agree despite her heart breaking inside. it's better this way, or at least that's what she kept on telling herself.

as the got to the car louis knew it was time. he'd drive her to his spot, a clearing just off the highway, and confess. "one more place i wanna take you. is that okay darling?" a nod of her head and they were off.

yet again their ride was accompanied by silence however this time it was a comfortable silence. one you would find when enjoying a cold night in front of a warm fire with the one you love. louis' hand once again rested upon charlotte's thigh while he looked deep in thought as he drove. charlotte tried to not let her fears get the best of her. every now and then she sneek a look at him. she didn't understand when thing had changed between them. just a few day's ago they were fine. sure they had kissed that one night and then again on new years eve, but that couldn't have changed everything, right?

lost in her thoughts, charlotte didn't notice that louis had stopped the car. he walked around and opened her door, offering her his hand as she got out. he sat on the hood and she mimicked his actions. "i know you're confused right now but i just want to explain myself, all you gotta do is listen. is that alright love?" she looked at him hesitantly and nodded. he could see the confusion and fear in her eyes.

despite his better judge meant he pulled her onto his lap and louis could see her visibly relax. his plan was to give her space so that, when he confessed, she didn't feel any pressure to reciprocate his feelings due to their close proximity. he didn't fully know the history of her and asher. that's why he was unsure of whether or not touching her would make her think that she needed to feel the same way he did to ensure her safety. bottom line was, he didn't want to pressure her into a decision but seeing her so nervous and lost in her head he couldn't help but placing her on his lap.

"god, you know i had a whole speech planned? i wrote it out and everything, but now i can't remember a single thing." her eyes searched his face, trying to figure out where this was going

"darling, i know we've only known each other for a few months but i can't help it. you and your breathtaking beauty, intelligence and kindness has completely captivated me. from the first day i met you, i knew that i was yours. you own me body, soul, and mind. please be mine, I've never wanted anything more in my life."

she was speechless. please be mine, he wanted her. just as much as she wanted him.

she didn't know what to say. charlotte couldn't say anything, so she didn't. instead, she reached up and took his face into her hands. then, slowly, she started to move in until she felt their lips touch.

unlike their other kisses, this one wasn't slow, teasing pecks. this one was needy, all their feelings being expressed through it. her hand found their way into his hair ever so slightly pulling on it making him groan into the kiss. the hands that were on her hips were making their way towards her ass. she gasped as she felt them slip under her dress. he took the chance to slip his tongue in, there was no fight for dominance, he was the one in charge.

his lips left hers causing charlotte to pout in response until she felt his lips on her neck. he placed open mouth kisses. ever so slightly sucking and biting the skin leaving behind marks to which he soothed with his tongue. louis could feel her hands still in his hair, tugging on it when he reached her sweet spot. her breaths came out as soft, breathless, wimpers.

"so i'll take that as a yes" he murmured against her neck. "yes, that's a yes now shut up and kiss me"

"whatever you want my beautiful, beautiful charlotte evans"

˚ · * ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ * · ˚

a message from the author.

can't write smut for the life of me, especially about louis since he's so young. you'd think i'd be able to after the amounts of it I've read but clearly not.

our fav couple is finally together though !! also did anyone catch the druig reference.....

xox <33