A Lovely Confession

(This song has nothing to do with the fanfic, just a song that's stuck in my head)

(Also, this is my first time writing a fanfic so bear with me)

KAEYA POV:

Piles of papers and a pen sat on a table. The heavy pattering of the rain echoed and stormed outside, but it grew soft when you stepped into the building. The tiny water droplets splashed onto the window, leaving tiny water trails behind them. Just like tears.

Kaeya wasn't doing what he was supposed to do. It may not sound like him, but he was a bit distracted.

Jean had left to go on a mission with Lisa and the traveler that day. She apologized so many times to Kaeya for the sudden job, but he said he didn't mind. All he had to do was look through some paperwork, it was an easy job for the cavalry captain.

He was taking a short break but just couldn't find the motivation to get back to it (just like me). Kaeya had something that he couldn't just get out of his head...

The beautiful smile Albedo showed him that morning.

Whenever he smiled, which he didn't do too often, Kaeya felt fuzzy in his stomach. He just found Albedo so attractive... So attractive that it surpassed his own charm (ego #boosted).

A sudden burst open of a door disturbed Kaeya from his thoughts. Kaeya turned his head to the abrupt cash. There stood that very same alchemist on his mind not long ago.

Albedo's blue eyes shined. His fluffy hair was drenched in rain from outdoors, naturally lying flat over his skull.

 Kaeya looked at his neck, where a bright, yellow star was printed. Kaeya always wondered why he had such a design on his neck since it wasn't very ordinary. He was always curious, but never really decided to ask.

"My! I was just thinking of you~" Kaeya teased with a grin.

Albedo fixed his wet hair, running a hand through it with a schooled expression. At least somewhat. The alchemist was slightly... blushing, a soft pink on his cheeks.

"I'm curious why you have your thoughts on me, but at least you haven't forgotten about this oh-so-humble man." Albedo responded jokingly.

Kaeya chuckled. He got up from his chair and walked over to Albedo.

"You could've used an umbrella instead of running all the way from Dragonspine with no protection over your body." Kaeya would take a handkerchief from his pocket and would wipe it across Albedo's cheek, which was covered in the moisture from the water dripping from the front of his hair.

Albedo winced at the sudden action. He closed one eye and looked up at Kaeya, body relaxing into his touch.

"Anyway, why are you here?" He would ask, taking the small handkerchief away from Albedo's face to properly talk.

"Oh. Right..." Albedo would mutter, blushing more.

It was odd. Kaeya didn't understand at first. Then an idea hit him.

"Oooh~ Did you come to ask me for love-"

"HOW DID YOU FIGURE IT OUT SO QUICKLY!?" Albedo shouted, his eyes widening in shock at how loud he shouted it. Kaeya tilted his head. 

"Let me finish my sentence will you?" He would sigh. "Love advice. You came to ask me for love advice, didn't you? Who's the lucky person?~"

"Oh. Advice..." Albedo would say quietly. "That's-" Albedo paused.