Prologue I

A happy time in some future.

3rd Person POV

Kazuha turned in his sleep and buried his face in two soft fluffy ears. It was a warm Summer morning on Watatsumi island and bright sunlight poured through the blinds into the room like a flowing river. The boy who the ears belonged to groaned in early-morning tiredness.

'My love, are you awake?' He asked, softly in order not to wake his sleeping lover. 'Your sister, Beidou, is coming today to see us, remember?'

He grunted in reply, wrapping his arms around Gorou, still with his eyes closed. His grip was firm but warm, it seems he didn't want to get up yet.

'Shouldn't we really be getting the-' The general was cut off by Kazuha pressing a kiss on his cheek, he immediatley went flushed a strawberry shade of red.

'I am awake, darling, maybe we could just sleep in for five minutes, us, together?' The supposedly sleeping boy whispered into his ear. They'd been together for a year now, ever since Gorou nearly fell off a cliff while proposing to him during the Amakane Festival.

Suddenly, a knock echoed from downstairs, followed by a voice.

'Oi! You two love birds better get down here and open this door!' The voice was booming but there was an obvious hint of tease in it.

'It seems you were right.. she's here already.' Kazuha sighed, not dissapointed at all, he loved Beidou more then anyone else on the planet, well, except his boyfriend of course. She helped him after Tomo... well, anyway, she was the one who brought him away from Narukami, and they've been joined at the hip ever since, one never far from the other. She was like his older sister.

'Genuinely though, I'm gonna break this door down on three!' Beidou shouted again, startling the two sleepy lovers.

'Oh god not again, do you know how annoying it was to repair last time she did this? It took me two hours.' Gorou sighed.

'Three! Two! One!'

Crash! The door was broken down onto the ground and the two boys could hear the crunch of Beidou's boots against their floor. 'I'll make you guys some tea and breakfast to pay you back,' She muttered from downstairs, 'As long as you get down here in five minutes!'

***

Kazuha and Gorou walked downstairs, fully dressed out of pyjamas now to find a delicous spread of cereals, bacon, eggs, toast, and many different delicous food and drinks. And of course, the broken door behind the pirate in front of them. Beidou laughed at their faces when they saw the platter of food.

'What, do you think sailors can't cook or something? Well, what are you waiting for, tuck in!'

The three of them grabbed plates and sat around the table, talking and joking as the pile of delicous pirate-cooked food in front of them dwindled. They were all like a happy family now, Gorou, Kazuha, Beidou and..

'Hello everyone! I'm so sorry I'm late I was finishing the latest chapter of 'The Art of Battle: The Sea of Strategy!' Thank you for gifting me that by the way, Beidou!'

'No problem! Come join us, don't you want something to eat?'

'A-Ah! Welcome my excelleny!' Gorou, embarrassed to be caught off guard in this situation, quickly stood up and greeted Kokomi.

'Gorou, come on I thought we were past this by now, we're all friends aren't we? We see eachother nearly everyday, anyway, the war is over now, we can rest.' Kokomi told him whilst sitting at the table opposite Beidou.

He quickly sat down again, keeping his head and ears down even more embarrassed then before.

The breakfast continued, the liveliness of the room felt comforting to all of them, this time of peace was well spent with friends and family. Kazhua kept trying to make Gorou feel better by giving him the occasional headpat, which he pretended to hate, and smile.

An hour or so later, they got to work cleaning dishes, and it was Kazuha's turn to fix the door, this was a regular occurrence after all, when all of a sudden, a face appeared in the doorway.

Kazuha looked up from his toolkit to see a long blonde plait waving in the wind.

'Aether, what brings you here?' He looked up at the traveller and smiled.

'How long can this go on for?'