{4} Captain of Watatsumi Navy

(A/N: Shorter chapter just for some fun Beidou content, hope your enjoying!)

(Beidou POV)

'Ahh, the refreshing taste of a cool beer on a warm Summer's day.' I lounged out on the deck of the Crux, my pride and joy of a ship, as the hazy sun rose in the sky above me. I'm taking a break from working for now, repairs and upgrades on the Crux have kept me busy for the whole day, with an upgraded hull and new weaponry, it's taking the whole crew hours of work.

But now, I could finally think, and over the past day I'd came up with two realistations.

One, this was not gonna be easy. Soldiers from the Watatsumi Resistance had been rushing around me all day, their navy was not very organised at all, and from an island with such connections to hydro and the ocean that was a bit odd.

And second, Kazuha DEFINETLY had a thing for Gorou. The way he kept looking at him and blushing whenever the general pointed that out really hammered that in. Whether he kne wit or not, he had a bit of a crush, and nothing is gonna stop me from teasing him until the end of time.

'A SHOGUN SHIP IS APPROACHING!' A voice, Liushi called out from the top of the crows nest.

'Everyone, to their stations!' I yelled out and threw my cup to the deck, the remaining drink spilling onto the floor.

I ran behind the helm and watched as my men ran to the cannons and down the stairs to the lower deck. 'Everyone hold on!' I yelled as loud as I could as I turned the ship hard starboard, the Shoguns ship was on an angle to us now, giving us an easy clear shot at their ship.

'Captain!' Huixing appeared in front of me, standing straight up like an arrow, this ship's crew was efficient and effective, and it was a brilliant thing to watch. 'The cannons are ready when you are!'

'Good, go make sure your ready and all our valuables are securely held.

The ship accelerated forwards as the wind pushes us on towards our enemy, I could see people running around on their ship, I reached for my spy glass and saw them attempting to reload their cannons, but it backfiring in one of their troops face.

I let out a laugh and my crewmates looked at me strangely. 'Oh, dont worry, this will be a piece of cake.' I didn't mean to be so loud but guess I was. Oh cake.. I could go for some of Xiangling's right about now.

The ship crossed yet closer towards Watatsumi Island, now they were within firing distance, and they hadn't yet backed off. My arms were crossed over my chest as I looked down at the deck.

'Ready?' I asked.

'Yes Ma'am!' They all responded, cannonballs in hand.

'Well on my count, three, two, one!' I yelled out as the explosion from the cannons was music to my ears. The noise of the sea, the wind and the shouting of crew members whilst the smell of seasalt stung your nostrils, something I'd missed for a long time now.

The metal balls connected with the ship we were aiming at, and I watched as holes formed in the hull, forcing them to dock at the beach where Watatsumi soldiers were waiting with weapons in hand.

'And that's a good day's work done!' I laughed and went down to talk to the crew, between fist bumps and congratulations, you could tell we were all like family now.

'Drinks on me when were back to shore!' I yelled out, everyone yelled back in happiness.