Part 4

"Does she do that often?" Klaus asked as he watched Y/N bite on the nail of her thumb and paced the open space of their dorm.

Caroline's head tilted as she watched Y/N. "No this is new. She usually paints when she's freaking out. This, I've never seen before."

"Come on, Y/N found out so much last night. I wouldn't expect anything less." Elena said as she plopped down on her bed.

"Can we stop speaking as if I'm not here?" Y/N asked as she looked at the others. She hadn't stopped pacing though. Her mind was reeling and she wasn't sure how to process it. Everything played on an endless loop and it just wouldn't stop.

"Your brother?!" Y/N asked with wide eyes as she looked at Klaus.

Destiny had a strange way of doing this. It took Caroline meeting Klaus in person for her to even learn anything about her soulmate.

"Here I'll prove it to you." He said as he pulled out his phone and began typing away. As soon as he placed it on the table for them to read the message, the girls and Marcel leaned in quickly to take a look.

So Katherine tried giving you her number again

Instinctively, Y/N looked at her palm. It was the very name that had been written on her palm along with the number. Was it really that small of a world?

The sound of the phone vibrating on the table pulled her eyes back to the phone, her eyes scanning over the message just as the others did.

How do you know that? I thought you were in Richmond.

Klaus smirked at the message. "Does he know about your showing?" He asked looking at Y/N.

She nodded her head slowly. "He said that he wouldn't miss it. That is what he signed with E."

He nodded as he picked up the phone and quickly typed out a few more messages before putting it down, allowing the others to see it.

Because I watched as Katherine's name and number appeared on a new friend of mine.

A lovely artist who is excited about her showing at Richmond Gallery Next week and that you'll be attending.

Y/N's heartbeat picked up at reading the messages. While only seconds had passed since the messages had been sent, she was anxious to see whatever the next message would be.

After a minute, the new text appeared on the screen.

You are with her?

Caroline chuckled. "He seems a bit skeptical about it."

"I don't blame him." Marcel said. "Especially with what happened with his ex, even I'd- ouch."

Klaus rolled his eyes. He had smacked the back of Marcel's head. That wasn't exactly something that Y/N needed to hear at that moment. He turned his attention back to Y/N who had been biting down on her bottom lip.

"May I?" He asked as he reached for her hand.

Y/N raised her eyebrow, but lifted her hand up for Klaus to take. Klaus took her hand and turned it over. As he did, he pulled the pen out of Marcel's shirt pocket and began drawing on Y/N's wrist.

"Love, can you text him back and tell him to check his wrist." He said to Caroline while never taking his eyes off what he was doing.

Y/N watched as she quickly typed out the message before placing it back down. Her eyes moved back to the drawing Klaus had been doing. It was something she knew she had never seen before in her life. But for some reason that she couldn't explain, it had felt familiar.