Part 8

KM: Drinks tonight at The Local Bar?

CF:Yes!

EG: The usual time?

Y/I: Woah, wait a minute, since when does this group chat include Klaus?

CF:Hey, it also includes Elijah now.

Y/I: ...

Y/I: Fine.

CF: She's rolling her eyes, isn't she?

EG: Oh, yeah. And there was a reminder of needing to tell you how much she loves you thrown in.

KM: I'm so looking forward to that conversation.

Y/I: I think I'm gonna need a drink.

KM: I'll take that as a yes for tonight.

EG: That's a yes.

CF: She'll even get the discounted drinks!

Y/I: Not everyone has agreed to this.

KM: He has no choice in the matter.

KM: Plus he's currently stuck in a rather boring meeting with my older siblings. He'll see these messages once he's been freed from the torture.

Both Elena and Y/N looked up from the phone with a roll of their eyes. They had just loaded up all of the paintings Y/N needed for her showing. The car had been filled to the brim with the canvases she needed.

"I can understand that meetings can be boring." Elena said with a shrug as she placed her phone back into her pocket and grabbed the last canvas to put in. "But I doubt its torture for Elijah."

A chuckle passed Y/N's lips as she closed up the unit. "I know he has been working on this new case that's been stressful, but he hasn't mentioned it being tortures. So, I'm going to take that message as Klaus being over dramatic about it."

"Sounds fair to me." Elena said with a shrug.

Y/I:Fine. But I'm not getting the discounted drinks. You guys can fend for yourself for a change.

The moment the message sent, Y/N pocketed her phone and helped Elena get the last canvas into the car. "Just one more stop, and then we can go home and get ready."

"Do you really think it's going to take us all day to get ready?" Elena asked once the canvas was in, and began making her way to the passenger seat.

"No," Y/N said with a shake of her head as they got into the car. "It might take all day just to get me away from the gallery."

Both girls laughed at that. Elena believed that was an actual possibility of needing to drag Y/N out of the gallery. Elena knew how much this showing meant to her. She was willing to help Y/N out in any way she could. The showing was only a few days away and the excitement for her friend grew.

"I'm sure I can lure you out somehow." Elena said with a nod as Y/N started up the car.

"Or you could just threaten me with Caroline rushing in to drag me out." Y/N shrugged "That usually works."

Elena chuckled. "Something tells me this time I know exactly how to lure you out should you take too long."

_____

"I'm surprised you haven't checked your phone." Freya said with a small smile on her face.

The siblings finally decided on a break halfway through making calls to have law enforcement collect new evidence. While they were making some progress in the case, the only thing that would make things work in their favor was the security footage from The Local Bar.