Breaking

Look, I couldn't help myself.

"What the fuck?"

The timid knock of a door was enough to stir Eustass Kid from his sleep. The redhead slowly sat up in bed, rubbing at his pounding head. He felt as if had hadn't gotten any sleep, probably because he was out drinking until about two hours ago. He was sleep deprived and hungover, which was never a good combination.

His tangerine eyes lifted to the door as the knock came again. The man scowled at the threshold, rubbing at his neck tiredly. He then stood to his feet, quickly tapping at his phone to check the time. The anger inside him burnt stronger when he noticed that it was indeed early morning, definitely too early for any visitors.

"You better have a good fucking reason or I'm going to tear you a new one." Kid growled, storming over towards the door.

With one swift tug, the entrance flew open and the man came face to face with another. More like another so short, he had to look down upon them.

You.

You had no idea why you were lead here. All you knew was that before you had left, you made sure Bartolomeo was more than fast asleep. You were covered only by your hoodie and a small pair of shorts, your eyes solemn and cast to the ground like you had wandered up to a parent's room to tell them you were sick.

Kid, standing only in a dark pair of basketball shorts with his broad, toned chest on display, was mildly taken aback.

Had you accidentally wandered to the wrong door?

"You drunk or something?" He asked roughly, crossing his arms over his front. "Trafalgar's door is the opposite end of the corridor."

You slowly shook your head, trying so incredibly hard not to cry yet again.

"No, I'm f-fine." You replied unconvincingly, throat sore and voice quiet. "I just need to talk to you."

Kid frowned. You wanted to talk to him? Really? After everything he had said to you and warned you about, you still wanted something from him?

"Are you shitting me?"

Once more, you shook your head and the tears were threatening to spill. Kid watched as your eyes welled up, frowning harder. Though before you really did start to cry, something he knew he wouldn't be able to deal with, the man dissolved into a sigh.

He briefly leaned over you to look each way down the corridor, all before muttering down to you with a tired look. "Get in."

~~~

Kid's room was honestly exactly how you expected it to be. Much like Bartolomeo, he had a huge television set up, but also had a lot of video games and a good few consoles. Things as new as a PlayStation five right down to the classics like a GameCube.

Clearly, he liked his video games.

His bed was simple with grey covers, ones that crumpled in the shape of a sleeping man. You felt a little guilty that you had evidently woken him, but then again your mind was running at one hundred thoughts per second. Guilt was probably one of the last things on your mind.

While you stood by the door with your hands tucked into your sleeves, Kid leaned on the edge of his dresser. The man had his eyes on you and yours were still on the floor. You couldn't bring yourself to look up incase you were to start crying all over again. They were already too puffy.

"So what's so important you got me up, huh?"

"I want to know why your friends hate M- Bartolomeo so much."