And finally they interact

And man, these chapters are littered with minor foreshadowing to future seasons lmao

<>

Deep breaths. Focus. Yadda yadda yadda.

I was doing my morning meditation again while the others . . .

I dunno. I think they were all off doing their own things.

It didn't really matter. I banished the thought from my head and tried to focus on breathing instead. Sensei Wu had told me I needed to get in touch with my inner self or something like that, but I wasn't really sure what that meant. I think maybe it was a feeling somewhere deep inside myself.

Whatever it was, it took focus.

Unfortunately for me, today was not the day for focusing. I heard the door open, and I could feel eyes on me even with mine closed. Letting out a frustrated huff, I tried to ignore the feeling that I was being watched. For a moment, I thought it was going to get easier when I heard the door close, but then I heard footsteps coming towards me. With a light thump, someone sat on the floor in front of me, and I had a small suspicion I knew who it was.

"What're you doing?" Lloyd.

He'd been with us for two days now, and we hadn't exactly interacted much. To put it plainly, I didn't really want to. He just seemed like bad news, and I didn't feel like dealing with that. Though, for being such a troublemaker, he sounded genuinely interested, like he wanted to start a conversation rather than start trouble.

With a tired sigh, I opened my eyes to find him sitting cross-legged like I was with his hands pressed against the floor in the gap between his legs. He had his hood pulled up and was gazing at me curiously with his head tilted a little too the side.

His demeanor was too non-threatening for me to be annoyed, so I just answered plainly.

"Meditating."

"Is that like what Uncle Wu does with the weird smoke?" Lloyd asked.

"Yeah, I guess," I nodded. "He says he wants me to be in tune with myself and be able to control my feelings, so he has me meditate every morning."

"Isn't meditating just sitting quietly for a really long time?"

"Yeah, basically."

"That sounds lame," Lloyd said bluntly.

"Yeah, well . . . " I shrugged.

Lloyd just looked at me for a moment, his eyebrows furrowed.

"What?" I asked.

"How old are you?"

"Um, eleven," I responded.

"Huh," Lloyd looked thoughtful. "What about the others?"

"Like, fifteen? I'm not sure exactly," I told him. "And Sensei Wu is, like, a million."

Lloyd laughed at that, and I couldn't help but crack a small smile.