| 13 |

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: It Talks!WARNINGS: profanity, tyler lockwood, slut-shaming, violence, emotional cheating, cheating, blood, mention of stalking

WARNINGS: profanity, tyler lockwood, slut-shaming, violence, emotional cheating, cheating, blood, mention of stalking

THE LINE BETWEEN LOVE AND HATE has always been blurred. Two sides of the same coin, some say. You may believe you hate this person, but really... you don't.

Athena wonders if the same could be said for the woman in front of her. 

Last night—at least she believes—, Athena and Ace reunited even if she didn't understand, but their reunion was cut short. They were taken by a small group of people Athena hadn't heard anything about for about fifty years. Around 1959 or so.

The Vultures

The group was known around the supernatural world but had been led to be thought of as a myth, but they are very much real. They are a coven of rogue witches that hunt down the bad supernatural. Rippers who refuse to try and control themselves, horrid wolf packs who believe they rule the world, even covens of witches that defy the laws of nature. The only ones they haven't been able to get rid of were the Original vampires. 

The leader, Violet Browne, was a powerful witch. She was a descendant from the Browne Coven but was thrown out when she was caught going against the rules and refused to sacrifice a man in order to gain more power. The coven was all about life and Earth magic. She was shorter than Athena, around 5 foot 6. She had dark brown hair that almost looked black and jade green eyes. 

Second in command was Akemi Li. He was tall, 5 foot 11, and held himself with confidence. He had a head of black hair and entrancing black eyes. He was from the Zhang Coven that focused a lot on the elements of darkness and shadows. He was thrown out of his coven for being pansexual and having that whole "forbidden lovers" trope with a man in another coven that was the complete opposite of his. 

The rest were powerful, but those two were the on top for a reason. They were smart and calculative. They knew when and when not to strike. 

The woman from last night, the woman with white hair and pale-green eyes—that's a woman she had only heard stories of from Klaus. 

Claire Valkwood.

She's a very old vampire. Possibly around 700 years old now. Klaus didn't mention her until they had been together for about 10 years. The woman had a grudge against the Mikaelson family and has tried to get rid of them for centuries, recruiting covens to try and reverse the immortality spell Esther put on her children. It never worked. The Mikaelson's either wiped the coven out or persuaded them to go against Claire instead for something else in return (that was Elijah's doing). 

Violet and Athena have met before. She knows they have because the woman is very familiar. Athena just can't remember when or why. 

One of the other folks in the room, a werewolf with shaggy brown hair and bright green eyes moves forward to inject Ace with more of the altered phoenix tears—it acts like wolfsbane or vervain but for basilisks. Athena watches him carefully from her position on the floor. She's sat a bit awkwardly, but she's been in the position so many times she's grown comfortable with it. Despite what others may think, she's quite flexible. One leg was under her, letting herself balance on it, while her other makes an inverted 'V' shape, her knee close to her chest. Her wrists are bound with magical cuffs that strip her down to normal that of a normal vampire—she created them, so she knows how they work.