| 17 |

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Revenge tastes oh, so sweetWARNINGS: murder, violence, mentioned/implied lovebombing, mention/implied manipulation, threats, ratt donovan, damon, stefan

WARNINGS: murder, violence, mentioned/implied lovebombing, mention/implied manipulation, threats, ratt donovan, damon, stefan

A STORM HAD ROLLED IN AND ATHENA relished in it. She loved storms. She always has. Esther used to chase her through the woods when she was young, never letting little Athena out of her sight in fear of the wolves and other creatures. They'd be covered in mud and soaked by the time Esther caught her.

"I say we go to their little hideout, break down the door, and kill the fucker who attacked Lincoln last night," Luther, one of the older wolves, said. The little boy looked up from where he was playing with his toys on the ground at the sound of his name. He was playing with a couple of Athena's old collectable cars and action figures.

Athena, Violet, Akemi, Luther, Bael, and Quinn were all in the library, surrounding a table. Ace, Leah, Mateo, and a couple of the other kids were spread out around the house, doing their own things. Some of the older adults were either at the Mystic Grill or doing something else.

Inside the library was the head of The Vultures. Akemi and Violet represent the witches. Quinn, a 413-year-old woman, represents the vampires. And Luther, a 31-year-old man, represents the werewolves. Bael, an 167-year-old vampire, helped Quinn if she needed it and considering his son was the one who was attacked, he was allowed inside.

"Then what?" Violet asked, giving the werewolf an exasperated look, "turn to the rest of the vampires in the house and say 'oops, sorry'?" She raised an eyebrow.

"No," Luther snapped. Akemi shot him a sharp glare, wrapping an arm around her waist. "We kill the rest of them!" He slammed his hands down on the table.

Lincoln jumped and hid behind Athena's leg, wrapping his little arms around her and glancing up at the werewolf. Athena didn't mind, leaning down a bit to caress the back of the boy's head.

Quinn crossed her arms, scoffing and rolling her eyes, "we have rules, Luther and I understand that you haven't been here for that long, but we abide by them," the woman snapped. "And one of our rules is that we do not attack people who have not done anything against us."

Luther glared at the vampire, "then maybe it's time we make an exception."

"You do not get to make that decision," Bael argued with an incredulous scoff. He gestured to Athena, "she is our superior. She creates the rules. And she has made her position on the subject clear!"

Everyone turned to look at Athena. The woman was standing quietly, listening to the conversation taking place. She looked between all of them. "Bael is correct. I have made my position clear. The rules have been created for a reason—want a refresh, go down the damn hallway and to the right! Challenge my authority and I will see it that the wolves pick a new representative. Do I make myself clear?" She demanded, her demeanor calm and collected.