Matrimony

The sound of birds can be heard and the warmth of the sun sneaks its way through the open windows. Its light focuses on the sleeping Queen, making her skin seem to glow as it does to the moon. Soon she opens her eyes and covers them instantly because of the sudden impact of sunlight and her pupils.

She whispers a quiet prayer in her mind, that when she removes her hand from her eyes, she will see the brown walls of her room. She prays that all of it was just a bad dream.

"Do you wish to have a bath before we leave?"

The sound of that voice breaks that hope into tiny little pieces. She lowers her hand to see an exquisitely dressed King Zen. She sighs displeasedly.

"Looks to me you have already done that yourself." She yawns.

"I did, but don't worry. I did so in another room." He replies.

"I didn't ask." She begins to stretch.

He silences, "what is your choice?"

"Yes, I shall." She answers.

"I had a warm bath prepared for you in the event you wanted to but it must have gotten co-" he begins to speak but she interrupts him.

"I like cold baths in the morning, no need to prepare another." She stands on her feet.

He smirks, "odd as usual. I will make certain to remember that from now on."

She looks at him. "Why do you need to make certain? You certainly do not care. Some privacy if I am still allowed that?"

He nods, "I will be waiting in the carriage outside. Your personal attendant will also arrive shortly."

"Should I say thank you your majesty or thank you, husband?" She says plainly.

"You may say whichever you feel fit or nothing at all, it makes no difference to me." He says then leaves.

Desrae undresses from her emerald-coloured dress and removes all the jewelry and accessories. She enters the slightly cold bath of water.

"What is this lovely scent, orchids?" She says aloud while smelling the contents of the bath.

A knock on the door is heard.

"I take it that must be her." She leans in the water and gets her hair wet.

The door slightly cracks open. "My apologies for disturbing you, your majesty. I am Kishi Acewood, and I will be your personal attendant. It is my greatest honour to spend the rest of my days at your side."

"Kishi, may I call you Kishi?" Desrae asks with her head still laid upon the water.

"Yes, of course, your majesty. You may refer to me by any name you see fit."

Desrae hums. "Did you rehearse all these lines, I must say they do sound believable."

Kishi blinks rapidly out of fear ."My deepest apologies if I am annoying you, your majesty. But I don't understand what you meant."

Desrae gets up and turns around to look at the timid girl that looks just about the same age as her, dressed in a simple but beautiful yellow dress. She however is refusing to look Desrae directly in the eye. Kishi has pale porcelain skin and blonde hair that compliments it well. Her stature is shorter than that of Desrae but they do seem to can fit the same clothing if it were to be tested. 

"To put it simply, I know your words are mere lies. Which girl of your age specifically would want to be bound by the side of another, with their sole purpose to always be in her shadow and adhere to her every need?" Desrae responds.