Chapter 199

Evan watched as the other Brody walked into the cell in the prison on prime world. He had thought about leaving him on the imp estate but realized that would be a bad idea. He was dangerous and he could not take the chance of him finding something on the estate to return as a threat to him and his family.

Prime Connor agreed to keep him here until they decided what exactly they were going to do with him.

"I do want to help you Brody." He said to the boy's who back was to him.

"I don't want your help." Brody turned. "I would rather rot in this cell for the rest of my life  then accept your help." He walked to the cell door and grasped the bars. "I'm not going to be your third Brody Evan. I'm not that little boy desperate for his daddy's love anymore."

"No you're not." He said sadly. "I am sorry Brody. I'm sorry for sending you back to the void, I'm sorry for leaving you here after I killed Prime Evan."

"Save your apologies for someone who cares." He said. "Just go back to your world and leave me alone."

"If that is what you want."

"Its what I want."  The other Brody turned and then sat on the cot and coldly stared at him.

"Goodbye Brody."

He said nothing and Evan just walked out wishing he could have done more to help this Brody.

Evan walked out and got in a white pick up truck. Brody sat in the passenger seat petting the puppy that they reclaimed from the estate. Fortunately he seemed unharmed.

Evan which the same could be same for Brody.

"So he's staying on this world?" Brody asked.

"I'm not sure."  Evan said as he started the truck. "I'm hesitant to bring him to our world and him somehow doing something to hurt you or Michael. Nor do I want him to go gray world risk your doppleganger's safety.

He put the truck in drive and headed towards the gate.

"Can't we just return him to his world." Brody said. "Where he belongs."

They drove up to the gate and the guards waved him through. Like on his world Cyrus was the head of the guards.

"I would." Evan said. "But the machine has sealed itself off from us." Though I have no idea why. Yes the othper machine was destroyed but it was not our fault this time. It was Simon's. 

I guess the alien is just done with all of us. I'm shocked he just did not pack up and leave us to our own devices.

"If Puck hadn't sent Ajax away we could have had him to do it."

Did Ajax do something to the machine he wondered. I could see him cutting us from the machine as some form of cruel prank.

"There's still the other Imps in the vault." Brody then looked at him. "Use the pan blade to make Rumple or Edda send him back."

"I guess we could do that." Evan said but for some reason the idea did not sit right with him.

"You should." Brody said firmly.. He returned to petting the puppy. "You could use them to find the other me too. They might be powerful enough to stop him."

They might be he thought as they drove through the east gate and made their way to the mansion.

"And what about Puck?" He inquired. "Do you think his change of heart is real?" The Ando of this world waved at them as they drove past him and the two waved back. Crazy how similar these worlds are Brody mused. "Yes he saved Jacob and I from Ajax but do you think he has really changed."

"I don't know son." Evan replied. "He might be a Lapith now but I can't help but wonder if deep down he still an imp and I don't know if I am comfortable with the idea of bringing an imp into my home."

Evan then asked. "How do you feel about it?"

"Its your decision." Brody said with a slight shrug.  "But the mansion is getting a little crowded." Especially if Jacob, Tyson, and Aaron decide to stay. Then there are Dylan and Jesse who I am sure he is going to keep custody of. "You might be spreading yourself a little thin with so many houseguests."

"That I might." He said. "But I don't know if I can pawn him off someone else."

"I guess you can't." Brody said. "What does Anna think about you taking in so many boys?"

"I'm not sure." Evan said. "Part of her is probably proud of me and another part of her probably thinks I am nuts."

Brody nodded in agreement. "I like her Evan. I think the two of you should get together."

They pulled up to the mansion. "I would like it if we did but I don't think us getting together is in the cards."

Brody unbuckled his seatbelt and slid over of his seat. "Then stack the deck." He said and closed the door.

"Stack the deck?" Evan said. "What does he think I've been doing for the past fifty years."

The two then walked into the mansion where he found the Randolph from the vampire world speaking with Prime Connor and Gray Evan. He told Brody to go find Alex and then walked over to three.

"Hey Randolph." A look of concern crossed his face. "Is everything okay with Tobey?"

"Young Tobey is fine." Randolph said.

"Are you sure about that?" Evan asked.

"Yes, Evan."  He said. "The other Randolphs examined and him concur that despite being a artificial Lapith he is going to be fine."

"Well that is good news." Evan said relieved.

"I'm here about Connor junior." Randolph said and his feelings of trepidation returned

"Connor junior?" He asked.

"Physical he is fine." Randolph said. "He's slowly aging but from what I understand so is his father."

"Yes, he is."

"But mentally is another matter entirely." Prime Connor said. "I asked the Esther of this world to look at him while he was here."  He then looked uncomfortable.

"And?"

"And you or your Connor are going to probably wind up killing someone." Gray Evan said. "And if you don't I will."