3. "Is that Jake?" "No, it's the president."

Y/n's POV

Ever since I arrived here, I've gotten used to the daily routine. Miss Peregrine gave me the chore of watering the plants in the greenhouse and in the garden.

You're probably thinking, "Why doesn't Fiona just grow them?" Well, while Fiona's peculiarity allows her to to grow plant life, it doesn't exactly let her keep them alive.

That's where I come in! I can't really control my peculiarity entirely so in order to get rain clouds to water the plants, I have Millard follow me around and insult me. Its not the ideal way to complete my chores but it's the fun way.

For the rest of my time I play with the children and assist Enoch with his "projects."

Today was a little different. when I went downstairs to greet Miss Peregrine, she was standing with her stop watch, like always, and said,
"Right on time Y/n. You are just the person I wanted to see. I want you to retrieve Emma, olive, and Millard and meet me back here. I have a assignment for you all."

"Yes, Miss! Right away." I didn't know what she would quite need us for but she's never wrong so I guess I'll go with it.

I head up the stairs and make my way to Millard's room since it's the closest. I knocked twice and I was going for a third time when the door finally opened Millard was standing there in his PJs.

"Is it time for your daily insults already, Y/n? Why, I haven't even had time to prepare." He joked.

"Haha, actually, Millard Miss Peregrine wants us to meet her downstairs. Get ready while I wake Emma and Olive." With that he closed the door and I made my way down the hall to Olive's room.

This time it only took one knock until the door flew open and put walked a cheerful little Olive. She was already fully dressed with a smile on her face.

"Good morning Y/n! I was just about to go see if Enoch is awake."

"Good morning Olive. I'm sorry to interrupt your plans but, Miss Peregrine has a task for us and wants us to meet her in the kitchen."

"Oh, well I'll just see him afterwards then." She says, with a slightly smaller smile.

"Okay then." I say, as I awkwardly back a across the hall to Emma's room

{A/n: ok, you caught me! I don't actually know the map out of the bedrooms so just work with me here😀☝🏽}

I turn around and I didn't even get to knock this time because Emma was already walking out of the door.

"You guys really take the fun out of this." I say with a fake pout.

Emma laughs, "Good morning to you too, Y/n. What is it that you were going to say?"

"Miss peregrine has a task for you, Millard, Olive and I, and she wants us to meet her downstairs and she can tell us what it is." I say in one breath.

"Impressive! You didn't even pick up a wind this time." Emma compliments.

"Thank you! I've been practicing. Shall we?" I hold my arm out for her to take.

When we get to the kitchen, Miss Peregrine is sitting with a cup of tea. While Millard and Olive stood next to the table. We stand.next to them and wait for Miss Peregrine to speak.