9."You shouldn't have come back Jake, we'd been better off without you."

•Y/n's POV•

After Jake told us his plan, we had still had a few hours before we reached Blackpool. Everyone was wandering around the boat and I was standing outside on the deck. It was beautiful how you could see the reflection of the stars in the water.

I stood there, taking in the beauty, for almost half an hour before I felt the presence of someone else.

"It's quite pretty isn't it?" I turn around to see who it was.

"Yeah it really is beautiful, Olive." She nods and steps closer.

We sit in silence for a moment when she finally says,

"You're in love with Enoch." I look at her, shocked.

"W-what are you talking about?" I stutter

If I say yes, will she throw me over-board?

"It's alright, Y/n. I saw you two on the beach earlier. Enoch never looked at me the way he looks at you. And, the way he talks about you like your the most perfect thing in the world..."she trails off.

I fail to read her expression as I wait for her to continue.

"He truly does love you."

"Olive I-...I'm sorry. I know you like him and I didn't mean to-" I say, grabbing a hold of her hands, but she cuts me off.

"No, it's okay Y/n. You don't need to apologize. Yeah, I like Enoch but he doesn't feel the same way and I have to respect that... And I believe you two would make adorable babies." She says, making me giggle at the last part.

"Thank you, Olive. Your like family to me and I would never want to hurt you so it means a lot to me that your.ok with this... whatever 'this' is." I say, hugging her tightly.

"Now, I got to go check on the children. I'll talk to you later." I say, finally letting go.

She nods and waves goodbye as I walk away. I head inside the boat to look for... anyone really. Soon enough, I find Bronwyn, Fiona, Hugh, Millard, Claire, and the twins all in the dining hall.

"Hey guys, what are you all doing?" I ask, taking a seat next to Fiona.

"Well, since it's going to be a while before we reached Blackpool, we thought it would be a good idea to play a game. You know, too keep our minds off of Miss Peregrine and the house." Millard says from the other side of me, whispering the last part.

"Would you all mind if I joined you?" I ask.

"Of course you can join us Y/n." They say.

After they get done explaining the game, we were ready to start. We had just began the first round when Jake walked in and said.

"Um, Y/n. I- I need to talk to you." I ignore him.

The kids all look at me then at Jake.

"Please...it's about my grandfather." The children then look at me confused.

I sigh, seeing how there is no way for me to get out of this conversation. Why would he want to talk to me about Abe. It's not like I met him.

"I'll be right back." I inform the children as I get out of my seat.

I then follow Jake to the room him and Emma were in when they were discussing the plan. He walks in first and I close the door and lock it.

"Y/n I-" He begins, but all my bottled up anger towards him cloud my other sense and without thinking, I walk over to him and smack him.