Eight

I can't believe it. Today is our third date. We made one promise, if today goes well he was going to ask me something and I was probably going to say yes. But first the date, today I got to pick the date. I planned something I know would make him happy. I'm taking him out for lunch in a restaurant that's at the bottom of a mountain or hill. It's surrounded with a forest and it has a small farm with animals next to it. Jay is always talking about how he loves nature and animals because it brings him peace. Thank god I just got my licence otherwise Jay would have to drive himself there so the surprise would be gone. I don't have a car though so he is picking me up again this time. The doorbell rings and he is standing on our porch again.

I open the door and immediately put my arms around his neck. "Missed you too." "Shush don't give Jade material to bully me on. Or Hayley for that matter." "Hayley is home?" "She comes home tonight, yes. So as much as I love spending time with you. I would appreciate it to be home around 7." "Of course, she is your sister. You should be home for that." "Thank you." I give him a glass of water and also pour myself one. "So, where are we going?" "We are going to go for an 45 minute ride and out for lunch." "You are almost as mysterious as I am." With a smirk on my face I'm chugging the water down.

"We're here!" I pull the car into the parking lot and Jayden just laughs. "Sweetheart, I know you wanted it to be a surprise but I come here very often. My family used to come here very often with new foster kids. They like to take the new kids out for dinner within their first week with us. It is a tradition and usually the animals help provide some comfort while getting to know us." "Oh. Sorry, I didn't know that." He just pulls me into a hug. "It's fine Kyra, they have good food and I will show you around with the animals after lunch. Oh and if you are up for it, I once went hiking in the woods and found a spot that has the most gorgeous view. I haven't shown it to anyone yet, I don't think a lot of people even know it exists but I'd like to take you there if you don't mind." Never took anyone there before, wow. It must be very special to him then. And he wants to share that with me. That says a lot. Especially for Jayden who likes to keep to himself when it comes to nature. "No, I don't mind. I feel special that you want to share that with me." "Well, you are a very special person Kyr." He reaches his hand out and I take it to go inside of the restaurant. Jayden wasn't lying when he said that the food is good. "That tasted amazing." "I told you." He sticks his tongue out and a very new thought comes to mind. What could that tongue do more than just make fun of me with it? Quite disturbing if you ask me. It makes me bite my lip. "Kyra, don't do that. It makes me get very dirty thoughts." I lift my eyebrows up and smirk at him. "Kyra. Don't, not yet." "Yet?" "Oh you don't want to know what I'm thinking right now." "You're right, I don't want to know. Yet." "Come, I will show you what I want to show you. Before we can start doing other stuff, we haven't got to that phase yet." "Agreed." And with that I pay for our food and we start going on the trail through the woods.

"We're getting close." He says it after a 25 minute walk. "Please close your eyes I will guide you for the last couple feet." "Really?" "Yes. Close your eyes Kyra." My eyes go black and he holds my hands while guiding where I have to walk. At a certain moment I'm on something that feels like stone and grass. "We are here. Open your eyes Kyr." I open them and wow. The view is gorgeous, everything is so far away. "How long have you known this place?" "For a while. I come here to think." "This. Oh my god it is so beautiful. Thank you for showing me this." I walk slowly to the edge and he follows me, his hand still holding his fingers curled around mine. "Spread out your arms." Jay whispers in my ear as we're on the edge. He let's go off my hand and wraps his arms around my waist. I lean my back into him and lay my head on his chest. He looks into my eyes as I turn around to face him. "You know, I have never showed this place to anyone. Not even Maya or Ryan." "Please stop talking and let me enjoy this moment." He softly smiles at me in the way only he could. I stand on my toes to come closer to him. Until he's close enough for me to kiss him. But before I can make my move he already pressed his lips against mine. And he keeps kissing me. Every little bad thing just goes away as long as he keeps holding me close to his chest. Our tongues softly find one another and join in the kiss.

"Kyra. I still needed to ask you something." "Don't even bother. Yes. Jayden, my answer is yes I will be your girlfriend." He lifts me in the air and twirls me around. "I have a surprise for you." I reach in my pocket for the small present I got him. "I hope you like it." What if he doesn't like it. Oh no that would suck very much. He opens the box and panic slowly goes through my body. "Kyra, this is gorgeous." I got him a ring, like the ones for anxiety. He slips it on his finger. "I also got you something. You told me you liked emeralds so I hope you're going to like it." Jay hands me a box with a necklace in it. A rose set with emerald leaves. "Jayden. This is gorgeous." "Here. Let me put it on you." I hold my hair up as he clasps the necklace in the back of my neck. I lean back into him and he puts his arms around me.