Prologue: Fumbled to a Friend

(Kier's POV)

I looked around nervously at the crowd around me. We were all students in a music class, and most of us, including me, didn't want to be there. I wanted to run off to math, where it was a little better.

People slowly bunched into pairs, leaving furious third wheels to whine about how they should've been chosen. I hadn't been third wheeled, yet I stood alone with nobody to pair with.

A new teacher came in and began to pair people up, and remind the mad people they could've had no choices. Nobody took it lightly, and more arguing and yelling broke out. By now, the teachers had no choice but to focus on calming kids down, and whisking them away to the principal's office. Their idea of bringing another grade to do this with us was a fail.

I tried to push away from loud kids and go to a wall. I took my phone out and tried to hide it and myself. I didn't want to be here, and I didn't want to get stuck with someone I didn't like.

It was the first day here, and I knew few people. I tried to slide between the lines of people and not be awkward and weird. I slipped into a few circles of people and got weird looks but was pretty good. As soon as I looked down again, I felt myself bump into someone.

Quickly, I looked up. It was a guy I had been awkwardly half talking to for years now. We would briefly have an engaging conversation we would both enjoy, but never have the time to have an official friendship.

"Hey..." I mumbled as he looked around at me.

His hair was tired in a messy short tuff of a ponytail with an orange and blue tie. He had the traditional uniform and a necklace with a moon with blue gems and an orange moon charm in the crest where it curves. He told me it was what the moon looked like on the day he was born.

I tried to turn around and walk, away but a teacher abruptly shoved a paper in our faces.

"You were supposed to go upfront when paired. Listen better next time, but since it's the first day, I'll be nice."

Instantly I went red from embarrassment, and just let him hold the paper.

"Well, I guess this is truly our time to really become good friends. We should've actually tried to hang out after school." He clipped the paper on his clipboard and wrote down some stuff.

"Okay, that sounds good! I'll give you my number, want to hang out sometime, finally? We'll be seeing more of each other anyways." I smiled modestly at him.

"Cool! Want to go play Geometry Dash sense I don't think anything is going to happen for the last 13 minutes we have here. I walk home too, so if you want to walk or anything..." I nodded along and we started walking.

"I walk rarely, but sure. I live by that big forest with the abandoned bungalow house. Right at the end where that corner starts."

"Really?" He gasped and laughed. "I live right down that corner!"

We started giggling about how we were meant to be friends, and how fate was really pulling strings out here. I felt myself instantly open up and laugh like nobody cared. He had a laugh that went with mine perfectly, and we had more of the best minutes of my life right then and there.

----------

I squished the piece of paper again. I had wasted a few hours with the papers. I had printed hundreds of dull copies and spent my time destroying them in multiple ways. I was horrifyingly devastated to the point of extreme anger.

I wanted to choke him, to punch him, to stab him. I wanted to do something to that dumb over caring bastard. How could he do this to me? How.

I curled up in my bed, and just stared at the dark wall, crying. I couldn't think, it was just tears. I grasped the necklace and sobbed harder. If only I could've seen...but it was his choice. He wanted to do this, I shouldn't ruin what he wanted for his life by being selfish. The pain he must have felt...

I closed my eyes and continued crying, knowing I would be able to not do anything for a while anyways. I could cry as much as I want tonight, but not like I have a choice. Nobody is here anymore.

------
Date Started: 2/8/22, February 8th, 2022
Date Ended: 2/8/22, February 8th, 2022
Date Published: 2/8/22, February 8th, 2022
Words:806
Drafts/Rewrites:3
Characters: Kier, Dev
Summary: Not much happens, just an intro.

Author's Notes

I'm very excited for this, how about you guys? What do you think of the cover, I drew it myself! Anyways, have a amazing not painful day/night/life :)

AUTHOR GONNA NEVER GIVE YOU UP- OFF. YES.